Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6458 All-in-One Printer

When I try to scan a document via the sheet feeder, I always get a scanner busy message. I looked on HP support, but nothing there helped. I am running a Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.4.1.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @huskym1053,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering a "scanner busy" message on your HP ENVY Pro 6458 All-In-One Printer, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart the Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting both the printer and your Mac Mini can resolve communication issues between the devices.
  • Update Printer Firmware and Software: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. You can check for updates using the HP Smart app or by visiting the HP support website. Additionally, make sure you have the latest printer drivers installed on your Mac Mini.  Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Connection: Verify that the printer is properly connected to your Mac Mini via USB or network connection. If you're using a wireless connection, ensure that both devices are connected to the same network.
  • Reset Printing System: On your Mac Mini, you can reset the printing system, which can sometimes resolve communication issues between the computer and printer. To do this, go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, right-click (or Control-click) on the printer, and select "Reset printing system." Note that this will remove all printers from your system, so you'll need to re-add your printer afterward.
  • Check for Paper Jams or Obstructions: Open the scanner lid and check for any paper jams or obstructions in the scanner area, including the sheet feeder. Clear any jams or obstructions if found.
  • Reset the Printer: Turn off the printer, disconnect the power cord, and wait for a few minutes. Then, reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer. This can sometimes clear temporary errors.
  • Check Scanner Settings: Ensure that the scanner settings on your Mac Mini are configured correctly. You can do this by going to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, selecting your printer, and clicking on "Options & Supplies." Check the scanner settings to ensure they match your desired scanning preferences.

Refer to this document:  HP ENVY Pro 6458 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.