Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

My Pavilion Laptop camera doesn't recognise QR codes even thaogh there is a mode for Scan Barcode

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JLD246,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Pavilion laptop's camera isn't recognizing QR codes even though there's a mode for scanning barcodes, there could be a few reasons behind this issue. Here's what you can try.

• Ensure Sufficient Lighting: Sometimes, insufficient lighting can cause difficulties in recognizing QR codes. Make sure you're scanning the QR code in a well-lit environment.
  • Camera Positioning: Ensure that the QR code is properly positioned within the camera frame. Hold the QR code steady and ensure it's not too far or too close to the camera.
  • Clean Camera Lens: Check if there are any smudges or dirt on the laptop's camera lens. Clean it gently with a soft, dry cloth to ensure clear image capture.
  • Check Camera Settings: Verify that the camera settings are properly configured. Ensure that autofocus and any other relevant settings are enabled.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure that your laptop's camera drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with device functionality.
  • Use a Different App: If the built-in barcode scanning feature isn't working, try using a different QR code scanning app or software. There are many third-party QR code scanner apps available that you can download and install.
  • Restart the Laptop: Sometimes, simply restarting the laptop can resolve minor software glitches or conflicts that may be causing the issue.
  • Update Software: Ensure that your laptop's operating system and any relevant software (including the scanning app if you're using a third-party one) are updated to the latest versions.

By going through these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your HP Pavilion laptop's camera not recognizing QR codes.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.