Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw

I have an existing Scan to Network Folder and its prefix setup works properly, appending #### to the filename. I added two additional items with different settings and a new folder on the same computer, but now the prefix setup is not working and the file is overwritten each time.

Other users have commented changing between lower and upper case...that has no impact.

It is frustrating that the setup is identical between the working folder and the non working folder from the System --> Sharing menu and the Finder --> Get Info option.

Anyone have a recent solution for this specific model?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Bacalhau719,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as adjusting between lower and upper case in the folder names, but without success. Let's try a few other potential solutions.

• Check Folder Permissions: Ensure that the folder where you're trying to save the scanned files has appropriate permissions set up. Sometimes, if the permissions are not properly configured, it can lead to issues with file saving.
  • Verify Network Connection: Ensure that the HP LaserJet MFP M281fdw is properly connected to the network and that there are no issues with network connectivity. Sometimes, network interruptions can cause problems with file saving.
  • Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP LaserJet MFP M281fdw. Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs or compatibility issues that may be causing the problem.
  • Reset Printer Settings: If none of the above solutions work, you may want to try resetting the printer settings to default and then reconfigure the Scan to Network Folder settings from scratch.

These are some general troubleshooting steps that can help address issues with Scan to Network Folder functionality on your HP LaserJet MFP M281fdw.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I’ve gone through the general troubleshooting steps…still broken on the one setup while working on the other. Permissions were compared between the folders and match exactly. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Bacalhau719,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.