Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Ubuntu LTS

Running hplip version 3.22.2 on Kubuntu 21.10

From https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index

Model Name: HP PhotoSmart Prem c310 Series
Min. HPLIP version: 3.10.9
Chrome OS Support: Yes
Driver Plug-in8: No
Support Level9: Full
Print Mode: Color
Scan to PC3: Yes
PC Send Fax5: No
Connectivity, USB, Network, Par: USB

Any attempts at scanning are producing results that are far from clear. I have changed DPI up to 600, used various scanning tools like Document Scanner, gscan2pdf, XSane and Scanlite, yet all to no avail.

There were some errors in the installation ( see [content removed] ) but I assume they were simply KWallet only, and not hplip as such.

Even when I use a completely clear original with very sharp and clear wording, the results from scanning and fuzzy, hazy. Like a blue/grep impression over the scanned document. Have cleaned the glass on the printer/scanner; no difference in scanned quality. Ran the diagnostics, there was a few warnings for the same file, not being able to access /etc/cups/ppd/Photosmart-Prem-C310-series.ppd

That file is present ..

ls -al /etc/cups/ppd/Photosmart-Prem-C310-series.ppd
-rw-r----- 1 root lp 30531 Jun 2 08:59 /etc/cups/ppd/Photosmart-Prem-C310-series.ppd

root is the owner, group of "lp" can view - not sure if the scanning runs under group "lp" ? If I do an "id", I'm not in group "lp", yet am in "lpadmin". But surely if the scanning problem was permission based, the scanning may not work at all ??

Any ideas please ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is it even possible to obtain "OCR quality" scanning on Linux/Kubuntu ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.