Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Oficejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using for 3-4 years HP Oficejet 7612 and i never had a problem with printing in A3 size paper. Suddently, A3 paper size is not an option at all (althought i can scan or a make a copy in A3). I have completely uninstall the driver and reinstall the full version of the printer's software (for several times), but it didn't work. 

What is the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unfortunatelly, it didn't work with the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility. 

I didn't understand what to do with the newly added print queue you proposed.

Regards

HP Recommended

Did the utility make any fix during the process?

Did it create an additional copy of your printer? (HP Officejet Pro 7610 (Copy1)?

If so, may you see any difference when selecting this specific queue?

HP Recommended

The utility didn't fix the problem.

An additionally copy of the printer was created, but the paper size A3 still wasn't an option for copying.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying,

Please try setting an alternate driver, please let me know how the printer is connected to your PC so I may provide you step-by-step instructions, is it connected with a USB or through a network connection?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using USB.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @TJGR!,

Please open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

Right-click your printer icon and select Printer Properties, then open the Ports tab.

take a note of the port used by the printer and close the window.

Click Add a printer from the top bar, click ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’.

Select a Local port or a Network port with manual setup and press Next.

Within the Existing Ports drop-down menu select the same port as used by the printer, which we were taken a note before, then press Next.

select HP.

Select the HP Officejet Pro K850 model from the list and press next.

Note: if you cannot find the specific model in the list, click the Windows Update button and allow it several minutes to complete till the list re-appears, then select the specific model.

Follow the Wizard to complete it, rename the printer as you like and try printing with the added print queue.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I did everything, now the paper size A3 appears indeed, but when i try to print something specific it shows an error message that it couldn't be printed.

Furthermore, what ever papersize i select the preview of the .pdf that i am trying to print has always the same size (is like i am always selecting fit) that i don't) . 

HP Recommended

Any idea what could be the problem of not printing when selecting HP Officejet Pro K850?  Is it maybe something with the used ports (maybe i have done something wrong with them?) Should i delete HP Officejet 7612 when using HP Officejet Pro K850

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.