Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

When using the scan to email function from the control panel, the device keeps canceling the scan.

It used to work a week ago. No settings were changed.

I can scan to computers on the network, but not to saved email addresses, so I know it's not the scan function that is faulty.

I'm not sure if HP had updated the firmware since last week, but my suspicion is that it could be an update which is causing this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Amien,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Try the following. 

• Sign in using your network username and password, or change the scan and SMTP settings in the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS).
  • From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Network button to display the IP address or host name of the device.
  • Open a Web browser, and in the address field type the printer IP address or host name exactly as it appears on the on the product control panel and then press Enter.
  • Make sure the email message preferences under SMTP configuration are not restricted.
  • Click the Scan tab.
  • In the left navigation pane, click Default SMTP Configuration.
  • Under E-mail Messages preferences, make sure that the FROM: and TO: fields are NOT set to User Address (sign in required).
  • In the FROM: drop-down list, select Default From and then type a default description.
  • NOTE:
  • This is the default sender name that appears in the From: filed for all outgoing emails. This might be the printer location, such as LaserJet MFP@Floor 2 or LaserJet MFP@Mycompany. The Default Display Name is an optional setting. If set, the display name is shown on the control panel rather than the Default From address.
  • Select Blank in the TO: drop-down list.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the EWS page and click Save Only.
  • Make sure the network security settings are not restricted (set to Access code, etc.).
  • Under SMTP Server Settings, click Go to Access Control page (Networking tab > Security).
  • Under Authentication Methods, make sure the setting is either Windows and/or LDAP.
  • Scroll to the bottom of EWS page and click Apply.

If this does not help or you are unable to follow, I recommend you contact phone support, as they will help you via remote assistance. 

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

To confirm your warranty status, go to HP Product Warranty Check. Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi

I've logged into the EWS of the printer. However, when clicking the Scan tab, the left hand panel only gives two options. Scan to Computer and Address Book.

The Scan to Computer tab has a Webscan function which is currently disabled.

The Address Book tab has a Contacts function, which displays the contacts stored on the printer and is currently blank, even though I have contacts that have been stored manually via the control panel.

There are no SMTP settings.

HP Recommended

Hi @Amien ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.