Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

If scanning is essential to your work/personal life - my advice is not to update your Mac from El Capitan for at least 6 months.

When El Capitan first became available HP took about 6 months to create a reliable update for my HP Officejet Pro 8620. What really hurt was that Apple had given HP 6-12months pre-warning to create an update in readiness. I made an error and trusted HP, I updated my Mac and then tried to scan with terrible results. I logged close to 28 hours with HP's customer support. They were exceptionally polite and tried everything they could think of. I even had to reformat my hard drive 2 or 3 times. Eventually HP  admitted they simply had not created drivers that can scan properly with out ridiculously complex work arounds or accepting that you have now have reduced functionality. In the process I lost all of the metadta on 100GB's of family photographs.

My advice is to not buy HP and try another printer manufacturer that treats its customers with respect by creating fully functional updates from the get go. If it is too late and you own an HP printer do yourself a favour... wait roughly half a year before upgrading your Mac. During this time, HP may cynically use other customers to 'assist' in their fault finding while you stay on your old OS with your printer working as it should.

Ignore this warning at your peril.

That said there is always a first time for everything and it is possible that HP may have done the due diligence on this update....fingers crossed! When HP printers work they are great but when updates are required my experience is that HP appeared to treat the customer as a research opportunity to develop an update that works.

Do  not accept complex work arounds. You bought their printer and you want it to fully function.

Come on HP play fair!

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply, with yesterday Apple update the problem is solved, printer are both working again. Anyway, it is amazing how Apple is upgrading the OSX without considering all aspects of working with ANY computer. It doesn't show much respect aginst their costumers, working with especially A3 printer belongs to my job.

HP Recommended

HP LASERJET MFP 277n  -- scan feature not working either after I update my iMac into macOs Sierra.

I already did all the trouble shooting that was advised in this forum, but still it is the same.

Please help.

HP Recommended

did you get the update yesterday? after that it should work, see my above posts

HP Recommended

I don't see an update from Apple.  Which update are you referring to?  I'm running Sierra, OS X 10.12

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my scanner for the MFP M277dw.  MacBook Pro will connect with the scanner and send the pages through vis the doc feeder but nothing scans.  Tried repeatedly and updated the driver and HP software.  

Frustrating to say the least!

HP Recommended

I updated to Sierra yesterday and scanning did not work.  I have uninstalled my drivers and software (HP Easy Scan) and reinstalled my drivers for my HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP m477fnw.  I am still having the same issue -- I can scan, but nothing shows up in the scanned items window.  I also installed the IOS update that I had hoped would fix this issue.  Any other thoughts?

HP Recommended

it is OSX 10.12.1

but maybe it comes at different times at different regions in the world

HP Recommended

I think only waiting for the next update  from Apple, as shown above, I have now 10.12.1 and things are working. The problem seems to be that Apple is developing without considering all demands of their costumers. Simply said, they don't give a fiddlers fart on us...😄

HP Recommended

Unless one is in the Beta testing group, we can't download 10.12.1 - they are up to Beta 3 now.

I guess the rest of us have to wait for the actual update that Apple widely distributes to its customers.  I hope that happens soon, especially after hearing that the update fixes the scanner issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.