Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Smart Tank 7602

I am trying to setup the printer so I can scan to email through the front panel on the printer.

I logged into the embedded web server of the printer and added a sender SMTP email profile that passes when I test it.

Back at the printer when I select Scan to email I get the following:

E-Mail not setup.  This feature has not been set up.  To set up, connect to the printer in the HP Smart App, and navigate to Printer Settings > Advance Settings and set up your sender profile.   You can also set up by typing 192.xxx.xxx.xxx into your web browser.

I have tried both methods and have successfully set up the sender profile and tested it (passes).  But the message on the console stays the same. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @laltobelli1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to encounter such an issue, especially after confirming that your SMTP settings are correct. Let’s try to resolve the problem where your Smart Tank 7600 printer is not scanning to email despite a passing profile test. Here are some steps you can follow:

Verify the Firmware is Updated: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up-to-date. Firmware updates often fix bugs and improve the functionality of the device. You can check for firmware updates through the HP Smart App or the printer's embedded web server.

Re-check the SMTP Settings: Although the SMTP settings test passed, it's worth double-checking them. Make sure that the SMTP server address, port, username, and password are correct. Additionally, confirm if your SMTP requires SSL/TLS encryption and if so, that it is enabled.

Reset the Email Profile: Try deleting the existing email profile and setting it up again from scratch. Sometimes, re-entering the settings can clear any unnoticed errors that might be causing the problem.

HP Smart App Reconnection: Disconnect your printer from the HP Smart App and reconnect it. This can help refresh the connection and settings:

• Open the HP Smart App.
  • Remove the printer from the app.
  • Add the printer again and configure the scan to email settings once more.

Check Network Settings: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your network with a stable internet connection. Sometimes, network issues can affect certain functionalities like scanning to email.

Power Cycle the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait for about a minute, and then turn it back on. This can help to reset the system and clear any temporary glitches.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After going through the steps above I still get the same error and cannot send scans via email.

HP Recommended

Hi @laltobelli1,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out 

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.