Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

The printer works and I can scan from the computer / online HP app however I cannot 'Scan to email' direct from the printer, which is the preferred way to scan. The error message on the touchpad is: Server Problem. The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later. 

I have tried searching the error and current suggestions do not help. The printer is online wireless and that connection is fine. All other printing functionality works as well plus the drivers are all up-to-date. Please could somebody help as at the moment I cannot use the printer. Appreciate the support

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure the printer firmware is also up to date, see below support document to ensure the printer is up to date:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=hp+printers+update+firmware

If the same persists, assuming you don't use HP Instant Ink, try removing web services for your printer:

Note: if you use HP Instant Ink, I suggest contacting HP Support and not to follow any further steps in this post, so we won't get any problems with the printer service operation

Select Remove Web Services and confirm any prompt, then follow the Scan to Email option and follow the steps on screen to re-initiate the app:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04808536

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.