Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7510
Unknown

Since HP no longer supports eFaxon the HP Photosmart 7510, what alternative free services does HP provide for efaxing? Is there an email alias I can send my scanned documents to instead of using the eFax service?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@capnjonny 

In so much that I am aware, HP does not provide free efax service.

There are free services available, of course, and such may be available in your region.  Use your favorite search engine to search the 'net for "free efax" or something similar.

Edits - Removed personal Comments regarding free efax services.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

When I bought my printer, they most certainly provided an free eFax service. They even have eFax emblazoned on the front of my printer. I was able to simply load a document into the feeder, enter a phone number and the doc would magically be transfered through the ether via a Web Services and then get faxed to it's final destination. Itvwas one of the reason I bought the printer, so I could ditch my eFax account that I was using once or twice a year.

HP unceremoniously axed the "free" service some years back unbenouced to me. 

Now as for your "Free is free" comment, I call bull. I bought this printer for its feature set. So as long as I continue to buy the ink, they should continue to provide the services, IMO.

HP Recommended

@capnjonny 

I will remove my previous comment about "free" services - my personal opinions are useless on context; thanks for the reminder to remain neutral.

Printer model (Photosmart 7510) was introduced in September 2011 (most regions)

As for the emblazoned efax advert on the printer:  Yes, years ago, HP contracted with a efax service and provided that service to HP customers.  The service was discontinued some time ago - I do wish I could remember when it happened.    I also do not remember the details - as I recall, there was notice provided though it is apparent not everyone (you) knew about the change.

Regardless, Web Services (required) has been discontinued on this printer as of September 2016.

• Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed)

READ Report: September-2016 > Web Services Notice for important information!

It was not my intention to upset you further - not having what you want and then being told you are not getting it is disappointing.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.