Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi

does the hp 6830 adf have the abiity to duplex scan ?

Meaning that it can scan a double sided page automatically ?

In case it doesn't which printer has this kind of ability ?

Thanks

Dror

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Generally there are very few models which allow duplex scanning.

Currently the Officejet Pro 8620 or the 8630 models are the only consumer models which provide such functionality.

Other than that there are only higher end commercial models such as the LaserJet Pro M425dn with such capabilities.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Dror,

The HP Officejet Pro 6830 does not have Autu ADF Duplex capabiltities but only manual duplex scanning from the HP software (which will guide you to reinsert the next page).

The HP Officejet Pro 8620 model provide ADF Duplex capabilities automatically.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi, 

any other "home like" printer that have duplicate adf ability.

It looks like an overkill for home use.

Thanks

Dror

HP Recommended

Generally there are very few models which allow duplex scanning.

Currently the Officejet Pro 8620 or the 8630 models are the only consumer models which provide such functionality.

Other than that there are only higher end commercial models such as the LaserJet Pro M425dn with such capabilities.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

dear Shlomil,

you wrote about the 6830 and the duplex scan abilities. (that u have to reinsert the page)

my question is wether it is possible to scan like 5 sheets of paper (double-sided) and then turn ALL 5 sheets at once (but the software would recognise where it belongs) or you have to turn around every single page in order not to mix up the scanning sequence.

i hope u know what i mean 😄

HP Recommended

Help. I purchased a hp officejet pro 6830 e-all-in-one series. It came with a disc that I am to run on my laptop. No place to run it. I was told that I would find a user friendly install on this site. So far I have found frustration. Can anyone help me?  

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to pick up on the point about scanning a 2-sided document; if you use the Windows 8/10 App, it won't do anything intelligent, i.e. it just scans one side and finishes.

Instead use the software from HP's website or from the printer (i.e. go to Start Menu -> HP -> HP OfficeJet Pro 6830) and go to "Scan a Document or Photo", then set source to "Use Document Feeder" and select "Two-sided" and click Scan.  You can then feed through a stack of sheets, then simply take out the stack, rotate it 180 degrees (don't turn it over) and put it back into the feeder.  It will scan the remaining pages and correct the order.

Very useful 🙂 but it would be much more useful if the Windows 8/10 App did this as it's such an obvious thing to want to do.

Richard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.