Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer is printer a previous printed document in conjunction with a new document I either try to print from word or if I try to copy from the printer directly

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mtgfsi,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP 4301fdw laser printer is experiencing an issue where it's superimposing new documents over previously printed ones. This could be a problem related to the printer's memory, settings, or a software glitch. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait a few minutes, and then turn it back on. This can clear temporary glitches and memory issues.

Check Printer Settings: Make sure the printer settings in the software (on your computer) and on the printer itself are correct. Look for any settings that could be causing the documents to overlap.

Clear Printer Queue: Ensure that the printer queue is clear. Sometimes, previous documents stuck in the queue can cause overlapping issues.

• On Windows, go to 'Devices and Printers', right-click your printer, and select 'See what's printing' to clear the queue.
  • On macOS, open the 'Print Queue' from System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Update Printer Drivers and Firmware:

• Drivers: Go to the HP support website, find your printer model, and download the latest drivers for your operating system.
  • Firmware: Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer model on the HP website. Updating the firmware can resolve bugs and improve performance.

Check for Hardware Issues: If the problem persists, there could be a hardware issue with the printer's memory or other internal components. In such cases, consulting the printer's manual for troubleshooting or contacting HP support would be advisable.

Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you might consider performing a factory reset on the printer. This will revert all settings to their original state and can often clear up persistent issues. Check your printer's manual for specific instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nine times out of ten when I get this call from a customer they have accidently loaded used paper in the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.