Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My friends hp 8600 officejet won't let her fax. it seem to jam when pulling in the first page. I was hoping if someone knew how to open the cover if possible to see what is making it jam. An ideas appreciated. I did a search but the only cover printing paper jams, not faxing, (outgoing) jams   TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for letting me know cyberwasp!:)

Try this guide instead: The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂

Have a great day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Forums.

I hope you're well @cyberwasp

I read about the paper jamming when trying to send a fax on the Officejet 8600. Please see the link below and try the steps in the links. The steps for a paper jam would be the same for faxing or printing. If the jams continue, the last suggestion I would have would be to call phone support to see about a replacement printer.

A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printers

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're

located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the

bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with

your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone

number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that page does not cover the problem. The problem is the fax part of the printer. The device that pulls printed fax pages into the top of the printer for the fax machine to send.

This part:

276913-hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-paper-tray.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for letting me know cyberwasp!:)

Try this guide instead: The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.