Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Oh c'mon.. I'm at least that smart! Like I said in the previous email.. That box to separate each page to separate files is NOT checked!! I've gone through every tab on the software to try and correct this issue myself.. Many many times. Ok, the part about going through every shortcut might be an answer.. I'll try that. . If not, do you want me to take a video of it and send it to you? See, after you scan one item and reply yes to scanning another item, before you even have a chance to press yes, the printer had already saved and sent the first page to my computer as its own file. It doesn't wait to save all pages first... Remember, the PC SOFTWARE for multipage PDF works great. It's only the scan option on the touchscreen of printer.. It won't do multipages together.. Only single page PDF..That's what is frustrating. For as much as this printer cost me, it should be able to do everything my 4180 did and more.. I could live w it this way though. But I paid for it to do more!

Danielle

HP Recommended

Hi Danielle-

Sorry, wasn't trying to offend you 🙂

I just wanted you to walk thru all the shortcuts and make sure that they don't have that check box set.   My thinking here is that perhaps somehow the shortcut you were checking was not the one that is being used from the front panel.  

We will get to the bottom of this one way or another.   There is no reason why front panel multipage scans should operate differently than PC initiated ones... this is not how we designed this to work.

At this point maybe hold off on a video until we confirm the shortcuts.    I might have you turn on some special logging next ...

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Danielle,

Can you give me the exact model code of your device?  There's a chance that you might have a different version of SW than what I was thinking.  

If you're able to capture a screenshot of the main screen of your scanning SW and send it to me, that'd be helpful as well.  

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Jeremy,

I went through all the shortcuts on the pc. It still does not scan multipage from the printer touchscreen. I have also scanned many multipage docs from the pc to "subscribe"  the printer.  The box for separate files is not checked on any of the shortcuts.

my printer is photosmart 6510

FPU NO. CQ761-64001

SERIAL NO. {Removed for privacy}

danielle

i will try to send some pics

HP Recommended

Hi Danielle-

Looks like your model uses the version of SW that I was originally thinking.  

Have you tried fully uninstalling the SW, downloading the latest version from hp.com, and then reinstalling?  Try this if you haven't already.   If this doesn't fix it, I think we'll probably need to enable some logging to see what going on under the hood...

Thanks

Jeremy

HP Recommended

but if i uninstall the software, then do i have to reconnect my iphone and ipad to it again? and will it let me do that again?

HP Recommended

but what was the free software that was downloaded to that other guy's machine to fix this?

Danielle

p.s. at least the wireless part of this printer works great with my iphone and ipad! 

HP Recommended

Uninstalling the SW will only affect your PC's subscription/connection to the device.   Your iPhone and iPad are wirelessly subscribed to the printer completely independent of your PC.

Jeremy

HP Recommended
I asked our support agents about that, and (unfortunately) there is no record of a software fix. They indicated that the fix was purely content based in that they've directed customers to make sure that check-box is not checked.

I think that if the uninstall/reinstall of SW doesn't fix this, I will have you enable logging so we can tell if there's a defect here that we can fix.
HP Recommended
Jeremy,

Guess what.. I fixed the problem! I think.. Well, I ran a quick scan to see right before walking out the door. I believed it worked!
The story goes.. After being frustrated with all this.. I decided to go through every HP Option on my PC. Went to start menu- to All Programs -to the HP tab. There were like 6 things listed under it. I clicked on every one of them. I got to the product info page listing my model number and firmware and other info. I then saw a tab I think off that screen at top that said scan. I clicked on it and it had a big alert saying "webscan not enabled" . It told me " to enable web scan go to Settings and then to Security" . I had no clue what web scan was but wanted to enable every option I could on the printer to get the most out of it!!
It then told me to turn off printer to reset it.
Keep in mind there was nothing anywhere on the printer home screen or shortcut page telling me about the Webscan option!! I randomly came across it under that other page. I think you should add some alert about this to printer pc home page.
So after enabling that.. I tested the multipage scan.. I noticed the printer touchscreens were slightly different too! I saw the mobile scan option come up too.. Not there before!
Could that Webscan option really have been the whole problem???
Ok.. But please tell me.. Please explain.. What is WEBSCAN?? what does that mean??

Thank you!!

Danielle
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.