Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey there,

I've some problems with an scanjet 7000 s2.

I get the error message "No paper in document feeder", but there is still some paper in the adf.

I have changed the rollers with the maintenance kit but the problem still exists.

Any help pls?

- Felix

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

One thing you can check is that the papers you are scanning are flat.  If the papers have a curl to them, it is possible that the ADF sensor will not "see" the papers you have loaded.

Verify the pages are flat and inserted fully into the ADF.

If this doesn't help, please add what SW you were using and if it was a stand-alone SW scan or a TWAIN scan.  Does the scanner report this from the beginning, or does it scan some pages and then report this error?

I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.
HP Recommended

I recently encounted the same issue.  Tho I have ordered the Maint kit for the Scanjet 7000 s2 and pending for delivery.  As far as the 2 errors displayed on the LCD, they are:

HP Twain

Load paper.  Click OK when ready.

HP Twain

No paper in the ADF.  Cancelling Scan.

Is the sensor (by the ADF feed) the real problem, if so can it be cleaned?

I can post pics or vids if needed of how the behavior of the unit.

HP Recommended

Maint kit arrived and fresh HP rollers are installed properly.  And yet, the scanner wont pickup paper directly from ADF tray.

I've attempted to run HP's  "SCANNER TOOL UTILITY" in clean paper path, no such luck.  Machine just makes a feeding sound and paper appears to slot and push back up.  This unit is over $1000 back 2 yrs ago and it's just a paper weight itself now.  Any feedback would be greatlyl appreciated as I've searched all over google and forums.

Attached are the errors as indicated on my previous post.  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with a Scanjet 7000 s2. Have replaced the rollers, cleaned paper path, confirm that paper flags in paper path move freely.

Also tried blocking the sensor for the paper in the ADF and had no effect.

I have tried scanning from the HP software and using the button on the front of the scanner with the same results...

Any help appreciated.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue looks like a sensor issue

HP Recommended

Please provide additional details regarding HP 7000 Enterprise S2 Scanner paper detection issues.  My scanner feed motor runs after no pages are left in ADF.   Additionally the scanner jams when I puter more the 25 pages and I just replaced all rollers via maintenance kit.  It seems like mechanical or sensor issue?

Thanks Len

HP Recommended

Hi 

Did anyone get to fix the issue of not picking up paper?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with a scanjet 5000 s2:

Message from the HP Smart Document Scan Software -

No document was found in the ADF. Place the original document in the feeder, and click Scan. ex = 2006

Everything is clean. Seems to be a sensor issue if the paper is not detected. Maybe the software can't interface with the sensor?

HP what's up with this problem? These are not cheap scanners!

HP Recommended

I am sorry to hear that someone else has this issue .. but happy to see that I am not going crazy!. 

We have three of these scanners at our office two of which are now paper weights. 

I would love to be able to fix them considering how expensive they were. 

One of the scanners is not found when it is plugged in to the computer. 

The other is having the message of "No document found in ADF". 

I have done everything I can think of to get this to work. 

Would love to have some help with this. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.