Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am trying to install the Deskjet 930c in Windows 7 32bits and I am not obtaining.
22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Beto wrote:
I am trying to install the Deskjet 930c in Windows 7 32bits and I am not obtaining.

Try going to "Add Printer", select a local printer, select the proper port, then when the list of printers comes up select "Windows Update".  This will take several minutes without any visible progress indicator, but once it completes you should have the "HP Deskjet 930C/932C/935C" avaialble as a choice under the "HP" (not Hewlett Packard) section.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but this solution dind't work for me. When i click "windows update", the system seeks about one minute and then pop up a message saying Windows couldn't take a devices list from Windows Update. Try again later. I don't know whatelse I can do.

Thank you everybody.

HP Recommended

Notivago wrote:

I have the same problem, but this solution dind't work for me. When i click "windows update", the system seeks about one minute and then pop up a message saying Windows couldn't take a devices list from Windows Update. Try again later. I don't know whatelse I can do.

Are you running the RTM version or the RC1?  Once the RTM version came out it seems theWindows Update stopped working for RC1.  You can either update to the RTM version of WIndows 7 or go to the Microsoft Windows update page and manually search for the Deskjet 930 drivers for Windows 7.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob, was not able to find Deskjet 930C Win7 drivers on Windows update. Would it be possible for you to send me a URL for this or email the file. I cannot believe the difficualty I am experiencing to find this Win 7 driver.While I understand the drivers are already in Win 7 but nowhere can I find out where to find these.

I am trying to print from a Win 7 machine to a Deskjet 930C printer on my XP machine, so it is not just a normal printer installation. Apparently one has to fool Win7 to belive it is printing on a local machine and for this I need the driver.

Thanks in advance

Michael

HP Recommended

The Deskjet 930 driver is downloaded through Windows Update.  You may need to enable Windows Update as described in Method 2 here.  Try the following: go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), OK, then click on Windows Update and then select HP (not Hewlett-Packard) Deskjet 930 series.

905i1FC391E1F57CF8F5

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi dear friend. Please send a driver 930c for windows 7 to my email. I've tried your solutions, but printer still does not install.

HP Recommended

@makskon wrote:

Hi dear friend. Please send a driver 930c for windows 7 to my email. I've tried your solutions, but printer still does not install.

Please provide some information on what you have tried. Is the printer connected to the Windows 7 machine by USB or is it connected to a networked computer?  If you go to Add a Printer does the Deskjet 930C/932C/935C appear as a choice a few minutes after you click on Windows Update?  Are there any error messages?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi

i need help,

have tried all of the above but still get told that the driver is not installed .

printer is not listed when trying to add new device under hp but all others are

windows update is enabled but finds nothing,

how do i tell which version of windows 7 i have installed as it came pre loaded

THANKS

HP Recommended

Finally I found the direct download link for the .cab Windows 7 update containing the driver for the 930C. Here it is

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2009/07/4189_1228a7cf7b1aac21346b20c...

Unzip the cab file and use the prnhp001.Inf file inside, it contains drivers for lots of printers

best regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.