Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion DV6-6016tx Laptop With windows 8 on it!

all the drivers have worked of windows 7 but Bluetooth Driver given on HP website doesnt Work!

The Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth 3.0+HS driver doesnt Work with windows 8 !!

please help with a genuine solution (i.e Driver for windows 😎

Pranjal Tiwari
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey, Pongy92.

I see that you're having an issue with the Bluetooth drivers.

The only solution here would be to wait until the drivers are available.

The good thing for you is most of the drivers you need are backward compatible with Windows 8. Just not the Bluetooth drivers.

Here is a link to show you if your notebook has been detected. http://goo.gl/85swp

I'm sure you can find 3rd party drivers but I would be cautious about that and what you're downloading.

Also, could you please provide me with your product #. HERE is a document showing you where to find it.

Until then just bare with them please.

THX Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Yea sure My Product # is "LQ457PA#ACJ"

Pranjal Tiwari
HP Recommended
I can't seem to find a driver from a 3rd party that's dependable. My suggestion is to wait it out if you can, until HP releases the drivers.

THX 🙂
HP Recommended

Below solution worked for me

1. Open Device manager
  2. Right click on Bluetooth driver and click on update
  3. Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
  4. Click on “Let me pick from a list of driver in my computer”
  5. Un check “Show compatible hardware” checkbox
  6. Select Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd
  7. Select “Generic Bluetooth radio”
  8. Click next
  9. Click finish

Click on kudos if this works for you

HP Recommended

No It Doesnt work either!

I dont think HP will ever take initiative to bring out the drivers of this bluetooth model

Pranjal Tiwari
HP Recommended

Did you turn on the Bluetooth visibility? By default it is in off state. Also the Bluetooth icon in notification area is off by default. Also the option “Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect” is also off by default. Search for Bluetooth in start menu and select “Change Bluetooth settings” under settings and you can see these options. Enable them and verify.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Perhaps this document will help with your situation, Pongy92.  Please let me know if it helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Yes I tried the ways u asked but still it doesnt work!!

neither is it able to search for devices nor it gets detected in any other device!

Pranjal Tiwari
HP Recommended
What is the bus reported device description of your bluetooth adapter.?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.