Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was working on a clients computer with the certain broadcom 4313 you have with hp and also have a netgear router wndr3700v2. I originally had an issue with the network connection solid but network performance was less than desirable. I was able to correct this with changing my wifi channel for the normal 2.4ghz bgn side to 7. I was originally on 1. I also had windows update correctly find the broadcom 4313 driver and used the latest there without any issue and seeing normal network performance. I hope this helps. I used the lan port for network access until wifi was corrected.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

My issue is that everytime I get on the wireless internet, I keep getting knoked our. And the only way to restore it is restarting my laptop. I have a: 2000-299WM Notebook PC. Windows7 64 bit. What other info do you need?

Thanks for reading.

Sandy Legg

HP Recommended

Hi, Sandy:

According to the parts list for your model, it has the Realtek 8188GN PCIe Half MiniCard (HMC) WiFi adapter, not the Broadcom WLAN card.

You can try a newer driver than the one on your notebook's support and driver page, which is the only recommendation I can offer to you.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5060882&sp...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.