Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I made a thread but nobody answered so maybe I can get help in here. I have the orange wi-fi button problem, it goes out randomly. I have a HP Pavilion DV7-6134DX Product number: LW174UA#ABA with windows 7. I turned it off, took out the battery, and reset BIOS and it still goes out. Any help please?
HP Recommended
Try system restore
HP Recommended
Product number LW363UA#ABA
BIOS F.49
Card maker WAN Miniport
Driver version 6.1.7601.17514
HP Recommended

This procedure worked like a charm for me...I have spent several hours trying to resolve this issue... finally! Thanks

HP Recommended

Finally found the solution after 3 weeks.  Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.

UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following 

- Shut down laptop

- Remove power cable & battery

- Press power switch for 30 sec

-  Attach power

- Power up laptop without battery

- Switch on wifi ---it works

- Now switch on the laptop with battery

HP quick launch describes itself as "

Description

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems. "

Note  :
                          This is the main problem.  I have found after seeing the internal working of this driver.  It caused the keys to work in its own described way thus overriding the wifi f12 button functionality to change from orange to white or white to orange.

After  and when restarting :
                                                       Put the computer to sleep and wake it up to find wifi on.
 (((((
                             On normal shutdown and booting:
                                                                   Wifi works perfectly.

Note to HP:

Please check the working of HP Quick Launch Software.  I could find its algorithm and functioning and its made to override the default windows 8 key designed for HP.

Give me kudos if it works. 
Give me kudos if it works. And mark it is a Solution.

Thank you all for support and help.

Rahul)))))

Great.. i have same problems with windows 10 9860 and this is the solution.

dv6 7084la

radlink

Wireless_17.1.0_e164

centrino n-2230

Rahul Credits!

HP Recommended
I made an account just to say thank you!!!!

Thank you so much!! I've tried so many different options, and this is what worked!! I Really appreciate it :))
HP Recommended
Is this forum still active for advice?
HP Recommended

PROBLEM SOLVED: Have had off and on issues with HP Wireless Assistant not working. Tried to select Orange light on keyboard and would not change blue. Read all the forums advice and nothing worked. Finally was able to solve this by Selecting F10 upon rebooting. Once in that screen select F9 to Restore Defaults, then F10 Again to Save and Exit. The orange light turned blue once it was signed back on allowing me to get the wireless back on and back online. I realize this may not work for everyone, but try it and I hope it works for you. So frustating HP to have such an issue.

HP Recommended

Hello!

I think these posts have been here ages but I ahve been stuggling to get wireless access for two days after uninstalling the wrong program. Anyway after trying about  different techniques. I followed these instructions and BINGO, I got my wireless back, you are a genuis and now so am I. I am a year old grandma geek.

Thank you so much you just saved my marriage!  

HP Recommended
Hi guys,
I have the same laptop as above.hp elitebook 8530w
with the same issue.I've tried all the above solutions but no success.anyone have any other ideas of how to sort this.wifi button just stays orange no matter what I try.
Thanks in advance
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.