Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello..!!

my compaq presario CQ56 was working fine until a day came when my laptop cant connect to the wifi or when plugged in but it can recognize the wifi..

its a Realtek PCIe FE family controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1605103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1605103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

please help me with this problem.i am so tired trying to instal different kind of softwares to solve the problem....but have always been incapable...please help me

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi daisykohl,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some problems with your wireless connection. I will be happy to help. Are you having problems connecting to others networks as well or just your own? Can I please get both your operating system and product number?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i have 64 bit os and product number is XR461EA3ABV, SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

HP Recommended

Hi daisy20,

I am going to assume that you are using Windows 7 as that is the operating system that came with the notebook. You never mentioned if you tried another network other then your own. In your Device Manager what do you have listed under Network Adapters.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hey BHK,

yes,i m using windows 7 and it can niether connect to the other wifi's but can always recognise them..!!under the network adapters i have

bluetooth network adapter

microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter

realtek PCIe FE family controller

i hope this might help you in figuring out the problem..!

HP Recommended

Hi daisy20,

Start by trying the troubleshooting steps in this HP support document Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Connection. Try using the HP Recovery Manager to Restore the Original Driver, look for the Ralink RT3090 802.11 b.g.n WiFi Adapter. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hey..!!

well..i tried evrytin as u said but nothing seems happen..on troubleshooting it shows that problem might be in the router or access ...but all my other electric devices work perfectly under m wifi..!!1

please help

HP Recommended

Hi daisy20,

Seems like it might be a hardware issue if none of those things worked. I do have a couple of things left to try. We are going to try changing a setting in your Device Manager. Go to Network Adapters and right click the Ralink TR3090 802.11 adapter and select Properties go to your Power Management tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

You can also use the HP Support Assistant to check for a hardware issue with the wireless adapter. This HP document Testing for Hardware Failures will show you how to do that.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Again i have a (COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ57 WINDOWS 7) Im not all that great on it so what happened was I was on it one night and simply got off line and went to bed, Got up next day to do some school work and havent been able to get it to connect to my internet, I get wireless internet through my cable company which is brighthouse, But in the lower right side of my pc it says im hooked up, But when i try and get on anywhere like yahoo, Or you tube or whatever it says no internet connection. It's like something on pc has been erased.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.