Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an Hp Photosmart-all-in-one C7283 printer on my WiFi home network.

Is there any possibility to print from an Android or iOS Handheld?

As I understand it is mostly a driver problem.

Thanks for a solution (if any)

S. Almor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Salomon,

Thank you for being a member of the HP Support Forums. I see that you would like to learn how to print from Apple and/or Android devices to your Photosmart C7283 printer.

I am presuming that your printer is already connected to your wireless network. I have included two documents for you; the first one is for Apple devices and the second one is for Android devices.

Printing from Your Apple Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No Apple AirPrint or HP ePrint Suppor...

Printing from Your Android Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No HP ePrint Support)

Both documents will walk you through downloading and installing the HP ePrint app onto your mobile device.

Please let me know how it goes.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Salomon,

Thank you for being a member of the HP Support Forums. I see that you would like to learn how to print from Apple and/or Android devices to your Photosmart C7283 printer.

I am presuming that your printer is already connected to your wireless network. I have included two documents for you; the first one is for Apple devices and the second one is for Android devices.

Printing from Your Apple Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No Apple AirPrint or HP ePrint Suppor...

Printing from Your Android Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No HP ePrint Support)

Both documents will walk you through downloading and installing the HP ePrint app onto your mobile device.

Please let me know how it goes.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I'll try it this weekend and let you know if succsessful.

S. Almor

HP Recommended

Thanks,

It works fine from both platforms and I accept it as the solution, but could not find the tag.

HP Recommended

I just got the following error wenb I clicked on "Printing from Your Android Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No HP ePrint Support)":

404 Page Not Found.

Do you guys have a broken linnk here?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I got a 404 page not found error just now when clicking on Printing from an android smartphone.  HELP!  I'm not joking.

HP Recommended

@WesHemp,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your android phone to your HP Photosmart C7283 All-in-One Printer.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.