Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You can actually just hit the Start button, and in the field that says "Search programs and files" just type 'Services.msc' (or even just 'Services') and the Services dialog will appear. Simple and straightforward, as long as you know that you can do that. 

HP Recommended

Worked for me as well; thank you, Praveen.

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I've done everything as far as looking for hpqtra08.exe but can only fine hpqtra08 (the icon for which has a white tick in a green circle) and hpqtra08.rsc

There is no hpqtra08.exe on my list. What do you think I should do now?

Thanks,

Yvonne

While waiting for a response I tried again to see if I could scan via our wireless network ... and it worked!!! (Even though I had only gone through the first few steps you suggested.) Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi Yvonne,

The icon which you found which has white tick in green circle is the file hpqtra08.exe

.exe means it is a executable file.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Another satisfied customer...  Thanks so much.  This is definitely the solution

:OpenSmile:

Karla

Seattle, WA

HP Recommended

What a God send!  Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Amazing - totally worked!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you soo much!!! It was very easy to follow and worked on the first try

HP Recommended

Many thanks - Works for me too

(I did initially get a scan error, and then had to re-run the 'scan-to setup' - but this time the setup worked!)

HP Recommended

Upgrade LCD List

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.