Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have spent hours on the internet trying to figure out how to turn off, disable, or reset ink level warnings and messages. The ink cartridges I bought are not expensive HP brands, but reasonably priced generic print cartridges. They work great, and I have no issues printing. But HP apparantly has gone through a lot of trouble making it difficult for customers to disable the annoying low ink level warnings that pester you every single time you try to print a page. Regardless of whether the ink cartridges are completely full. This is obviously an attempt to punish consumers who buy anything other than the HP products. I am about to swear off to never, EVER, buy another HP product again. I am also on the verge of posting horrible reviews on Amazon, Ebay, New Egg, and every other place I can think of to warn potential customers of this despicable behavior from HP.

Model: CN219A

Serial number:[Personal Information Removed]

Name: HP Photosmart Plus B210e series (Network)

Windows 7, printer is on my wireless network.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know, before I take a sledge hammer to my HP printer. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi portaadonai,

I would like to help you with your ink pop up troubles. Open this link by wade1027 on How to disable ink level notifications. You should be able to disable the pop from there.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi portaadonai,

I would like to help you with your ink pop up troubles. Open this link by wade1027 on How to disable ink level notifications. You should be able to disable the pop from there.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

That was nice of you Advance23

I do not mind the reminder so turning the message doesn't suit me as muc as resetting it. Is this possible?

HP Recommended

there was a court decision that has caused hp kodak and other manufacturers to be required to make allowances to turn off the fake level estimate program . they do not tell you how much ink is in the cartridge but deduct from the amount for each page printed regardless of ink usage. the chip receives a signal everytime the cartridge is used when the count is full it reports to the printer that the ink is Empty.you could refill the cartridge but the chip will have to be replaced . there are two types of replacement chips. one like the OEM . One that always reports some level.

Go to ebay and research the ink suppliers they will have the solution also there is the continuos ink flow t up that has tubes running to the outside to tanks with incredible amounts of ink. remember not every one is on your side in this and i looked at around 50 listings before coming up with what i will buy (extenal refillable tanks) the procucers at HP even have changed the cartridges so as to eliminate the ablity to remove and replace the chip by making it part of the cartridge.

the profits for hp on ink alone exceeds total sales of laptops . they will not easily let go of this cash cow . i bought some older cartridges so i can replace the chips . good luck as I love the printer but hate being gouged for water soluable ink.

good luck one and all and i hope this will post not being on there side beyond buying the printer.

Hey Buttheads up top in HP get us some full cartridge sets at 20 dollars and make yourselves a houshold word again.

Galaxyman believes it all should fit together some how.

HP Recommended

Well said.

I am seeking addtional suggestion to turn off low ink notifications.  the suggestions tried so far have not worked.  

I still have  a low ink message and are unable to 'unfreeze' my printer.

Has any  one else had expereinces with HP installed spyware?

HP admitted to me - their on line tech support showed me 13  unauthorized spyware applications  that were communicating with HP agains my wishes.  These were hidden deep into my sytem in places that I did not know exisited.  Very sneaky - this violates privacy and confidentiality laws.

HP Recommended

The message from Advance23 solved my problems, here is the link he posted

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers/How-to-disable-ink-level-notificati...

HP Recommended

The link comes up empty on my system. Hp might have stopped this info again from being seen

HP Recommended

Try again, it works fine for me, maybe open in a new window, or a new tab

HP Recommended

This time I got the link to work but I don't have a print server so the document is of no use. There is nothing similar under my printer properties in my vista home premium os. I have check other places suggested but can't find it anywhere. My solution is to leave the printer turned off - even then it seems to use up the ink, LOL

HP Recommended

right now i am ready to toss my hp printers (yes, more than one) in the trash and buy any other brand. every few weeks there is a new problem that takes hours or days to resolve.

i have tried every suggestion i have found in these forums as well as looking on hp web site. the empty or low cartridge message does not just pop up one time. it keeps popping up over and over until i reboot.  please do not suggest i uncheck the notifications in the print server properties.  they are both unchecked.

i cannot find hp utility even with search.  in fact a search for hp turns up nothing.  no hp folder in my programs folder or user folders.  i even uninstalled the printer and the message keeps coming back. i am not sure how a nonexistant printer can have a low level cartridge.

at this point i have to reboot every time i want to print anything in order to stop the notification from popping up.

the print is dark as it should be and i can even print high quality color pictures and they look great.  i ran the trouble shooter and it stated there was no problem with the toner level.

i wonder if there is a solution at all that really works.  what brand of printer does not have all of these issues?  i am tired of wasting my time with all of these issues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.