Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SlimDesktop 450-a114
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Today I installed Windows 7 on a SlimDesktop 450 that had Windows 10 pre-loaded on it.

I need settings for devices in the Device Manager.

I need drivers for:

Network Adapter

Ethernet Controller

PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Series Bus Controller

Please help!

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I attempted to install W7 again on my own but was not successful.  I took it to an expert and he used a utility to erase the hard drive and then install W7.  He did have to then add drivers, but he said that was not hard because they were available for W7.  Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these drivers work...

SmBus:  Install this driver first and reboot.

This package provides the Intel Chipset Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71056.exe

Ethernet:

This package provides the Realtek Ethernet Controller Drivers for supported models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72720.exe

Wireless:  I will need you to post the hardware ID for the Network Controller device.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the device labeled Network Controller.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller:

Please post the hardware ID for that device using the same instructions as above except click on the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller.

USB Controller:

This package provides the Intel USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71101.exe

HP Recommended

Here are the strings you requested:

Wireless: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_197D103C&REV_01

PCI: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_2B28103C&REV_0E

How do I use the install executables listed if I don't have Internet connection on my Windows 7 machine?

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

I was able to run the executables for: SMBus; Ethernet;USB.  I was able to get internet.  After it restarted, the mouse and keyboard did not work.  What do I need to do to get them working again?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know why the KB and mouse would quit working after you installed the drivers I posted.

Did you try unplugging and replugging them into the USB ports?

The other drivers you need are these...

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23109/Intel-Smart-Connect-Technology

HP Recommended

About the keyboard and mouse problem: I posted another issue: "keyboard and mouse only work in safe mode".

Yes, both work when I am in safe mode but not in normal mode.  Is there another USB controller we can try?  I have tried unplugging both at the login screen, with no success.  In safe mode, I have unplugged and then plugged both back in, and I get a message "driver install successfully".  But I still can't login in normal mode.  Should I try to install the other two drivers in safe mode?

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi, Mike:

That is bizarre.

Did you try the KB and mouse cords in the USB 2 ports, if it has any? 

There is no illustration on the support page.

Those should not have been affected by the HP USB3 driver.

You can install the other two drivers in safe mode.

See if this USB3 driver works better (I guess it can't be any worse).

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25687/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-NUC6i-x-SY

Paul

HP Recommended

I went into safe mode with networking and downloaded sp72932.exe and the USB above.

Sp72932 did not install successfully.  After I installed the new USB, I still could not login in normal mode (the keyboard and mouse were not active).  

HP Recommended

It is possible that your model has a different wireless network adapter than I thought it had.

Please do the following steps so I can confirm what model wlan card your PC has.

Go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller window.

Now you should see a Property Drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

I am stumped regarding the USB3 problem.

I suggest at this point you expand the usb controllers device category, and uninstall the usb 3 devices, check the unintall driver boxes, reboot and see if your KB and mouse work again.

HP Recommended

Interesting thing happen when I went into safe mode with networking.  I went into Device Manager and it looks like there are no devices that need updating (there are no devices with yellow exclamation marks).  Here is a list of the Universal Serial Bus controllers items:

Generic USB Hub

Generic USB Hub

Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R) Processor EHCI USB- 0F34

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

USB Composite Device

USB Mass Storage Device

USB Root Hub

Note: I checked and I have Wi-Fi connection.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.