Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My son just got burned (not literally) from another PC manufacturer where their PSU were proprietary so he just cut his loss and decided to buy a new PC altogether. He chose the M01-F3019 and thought he could just transfer his 3060 over. When we opened the new pc, there were no power connectors for the GPU.

I tried checking the chart but it doesn't seem to be up to date, or I just don't know how to look it up.

What PSU would be fine then? Or should I just put it back in its box and get something less proprietary?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@philwire,

All right, the following is the best I can do for you: there is some anecdotal evidence to suggest (that means: I am by no means certain) that this 400-watt power supply may be compatible with your "M01-Fxxx" desktop, with p/n: 942332-001 (L04618-800 / L76557-001).  This PSU is equipped with one 8-pin PCIe power cable, just what you need.

Please be advised that a 400-watt power supply is the minimum wattage you need to power an RTX 3060 -I should know, because I did the same in this upgrade project, and it keeps working just A-OK.

Now, if this 400-watt power supply proves to be compatible with your desktop, according to this link, a 500-watt power supply with p/n: L05757-800 should also be compatible:

NonSequitur777_0-1711661384096.png

You can purchase either power supply online, such as via eBay-Canada or Amazon-Canada.

Kind Regards / Bien Cordialement,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@philwire,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Well, it really 'pays' to research a bit before buying any PC, proprietary or not.

Anyway, I don't think that an M01-F3019 is the best option for your son.  What is your budget -and I'll assist to suggest some other options.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi NS, thanks for your help.

Here's what my son had that stopped working for no reason (name and model modified to not name the offending brand) :

D*** X*S 8940 (Gaming) Nvidia RTX 3060Ti, i7-10700, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I hoped I could simply take the 3060 across but nogo.

My son bought the M01-F3019 with his own money and thought it would be a good deal.

I'm thinking either 3 things: upgrade my M01-F3019's psu, replace for a better model, or simply salvage what's still good in the 8940 and build from there. I'm sure I can build a ok pc with the parts I already have.

He's actually at online school with Photoshop classes and other demanding softwares. He also likes to game so the onboard graphics card won't really satisfy him.

HP Recommended

@philwire,

All right, the following is the best I can do for you: there is some anecdotal evidence to suggest (that means: I am by no means certain) that this 400-watt power supply may be compatible with your "M01-Fxxx" desktop, with p/n: 942332-001 (L04618-800 / L76557-001).  This PSU is equipped with one 8-pin PCIe power cable, just what you need.

Please be advised that a 400-watt power supply is the minimum wattage you need to power an RTX 3060 -I should know, because I did the same in this upgrade project, and it keeps working just A-OK.

Now, if this 400-watt power supply proves to be compatible with your desktop, according to this link, a 500-watt power supply with p/n: L05757-800 should also be compatible:

NonSequitur777_0-1711661384096.png

You can purchase either power supply online, such as via eBay-Canada or Amazon-Canada.

Kind Regards / Bien Cordialement,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hey NS,

Thanks very much for your answer, that's what I was hoping to find. I'll check into those power supplies asap.

philwire

HP Recommended

@philwire,

You are most welcome -please keep us informed as your experience -one way or another, will help future M01-Fxxx Users!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@philwire,

Reading over your comments, I realized that you mentioned an RTX 3060 Ti once.

If you do have an RTX 3060 Ti, you'll need a 500-watt power supply to power this card.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Your expertise shines through the amazing information you've shared. Kohls Credit Card  Thank you! 

HP Recommended

@scott6540,

Thank you for your kind words!

Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.