Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F1024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to start off by thanking this community in their continued effort of helping the HP community grow, as well as supporting one another in enjoying the best possible experiences of the products we've come to love and appreciate. I am here today to post more of a "proof" rather than a question in regards to upgrading the power supply on a M01-F1xxx model computer. I was on a journey to add a dedicated GPU to my PC knowing that I would have to upgrade my PSU in regards to aiding the additional wattage requirement of most "decent" GPUs. I found the L05757-800 500W PSU to be my ideal buy in order to resolve this. Upon ordering the part from the official HP parts store, I was disappointed to see that the estimated shipping date had been pushed back as far as nearly three months, this was after an initial delay of two months. I was frustrated, but I wouldn't quit. Further into my research I found a PSU model 942332-001 to be an almost identical fit to my PCs current PSU unit, albeit it was a 400W PSU and not the 500W I had hoped for. I went on eBay and found the part, two days shipping at that. It also had the convenience of having a 6+2 pin for any added GPU. Two days of shipping later, here we are today. I am pleased to announce that the  942332-001 PSU is perfect for my M01-F1024. I have provided the proof below. I will be keeping this post updated once I add the graphics card I have ordered as well. If you are reading this, I want to thank you for taking the time in doing so, and any help I was able to provide has been my pleasure. 

thumbnail_IMG_1383.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1380.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1379.jpg

6429426_rd.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I await the moderator releasing your pictures.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I await the moderator releasing your pictures.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I was hoping I could help out the spreadsheet. 

HP Recommended

@shohid96,

Thank you. I will work again on a new update soon.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Successfully added a PNY 1650 Super as well. 

thumbnail_IMG_1406.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.