Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have a HP Pavilion 17 g133cy laptop and it has 6 GBs of Ram and i want to upgrade it to 8GBs.  but their are some covers over 2 of the screws and i was wondering if by removing them will it void the warrenty on my laptop?  i did the upgrade anyway so if the Warrenty is void now then its my fault but normally i dont need ot use it until a few years down the road.  But will that void my Warrenty?

Please remember to select the answer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dudefoxlive,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have question about doing upgrade to the memory. I will be glad to help you.

Upgrading the memory does not void the warranty.

Please see page 41 for the memory module of Maintenance and Service Guide.

Remove the battery (see Battery on page 27)

Remove the optical drive (see Optical drive on page 28)

Remove the bottom cover (see Bottom cover on page 32)

The parts can be ordered from HP Part Surfer.

Select the country or region on the right.

Then enter the part number from page 41.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Dudefoxlive,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have question about doing upgrade to the memory. I will be glad to help you.

Upgrading the memory does not void the warranty.

Please see page 41 for the memory module of Maintenance and Service Guide.

Remove the battery (see Battery on page 27)

Remove the optical drive (see Optical drive on page 28)

Remove the bottom cover (see Bottom cover on page 32)

The parts can be ordered from HP Part Surfer.

Select the country or region on the right.

Then enter the part number from page 41.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Ok that for checking that for me now what if I replace the hard drive in my laptop will that void where he warranty cause I plan to replace it will an ssd.
HP Recommended

Hi @Dudefoxlive,

There is only one drive slot, so it would have to be 1-TB, 5400-rpm, 2.5-inch, hybrid 8 GB SSD part number 731999-005.

Hope this help. Please keep my up to date.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

OK i plan to replace the HDD with an SSD once i can get like a 512 GB or a 1 TB SSD but right now that is not gonna happen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.