Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 860
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The LED lights on the front of my HP Envy Phoenix 860 only change colors in Red and Green even if those colors are not any of the 4 colors I have chosen in the HP Phoenix Control software.  There are no settings or other menus in the Phoenix Control software.  Just the 4 different modes.  Trying each mode the colors never change to anything but Red and Green.  Turining it off and back on has makes no difference either.  

Based upon the Programs and Features area the version of HP Phoenix Control software that came installed on my computer is 1.1.1.

I know Christmas is coming up but only Red and Green all the time is gonna get old.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @Scott1515,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the LED lights, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with teh Product Number of the desktop?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, have you tried using the HP Support Assistant, to check for updated drivers?  Did you always have this issue, or did it just start to happen recently?  Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

The PC I purchased is brand new.  So yes, I have always had this problem.  My model number from the HP Support Assistant is N0X16AV#ABA.  It is an HP Phoenix Envy 860 Custom Build.  I did check for new HP Phoenix Control Software but didn't see anything newer then my current versino of 1.1.1.

Scott

HP Recommended

Hello @Scott1515,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You can find drivers for your product here: Drivers - HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 860-160se CTO

Try checking for an updated BIOS driver.  Also, did you find any previous versions of the HP Phoenix Control Software?  If so, try the previous version, and post back with the results.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The only previous version of Phoenix software I saw was an older version based upon the number.  The link you provided for drivers has nothing on the page and says this... This portlet is unavailable.

Not getting very far with this.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

Scott

HP Recommended

There are still no drivers or other information that I can find on fixing the HP Phoenix Control system so the colors would change and match what the software is programed to do.  Still only changing Red and Green.

Scott

HP Recommended

The Phoenix controlls do not change the lights on the front of my computer to any colors other then red and green no matter how they are set in the software. I am using versoin 1.1.1. Today I saw my model computer, with less RAM and a lower video card in a Fry's Electronics store and the front color bars were changing to many other colors. Nobody online has been able to help me solve this. Why?

HP Recommended

I just want to turn my lights off completely and was told this was an option before I purchased the my 860-180st but now I can't figure out how to do it.  I called up HP support and now they are telling me I need to open up my case and actually remove the lights from my computer! 

HP Recommended

I suggest that something is faulty in the path that would illuminate the blue, either a control logic glitch or hardware issue. I think hp ought to flat-out send someone to replace the light kit (whatever) that's in yours.

Personally, it doesn't appear that too much thought was put into the color software .. owning an 860-010, I've been frustrated by the lack of an apply or other standard bits you'd expect to see in customizing and saving color profiles.  Very pre-alpha stage software it looks to me.  Sorry hp, but, fix this guy's system and get someone with some coding sense onto the color software....... Please.!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your input.  It would be great if HP took your advice but I have given up.  My guess is they don't look at this stuff and nothing will ever get done to resolve the issue.  I have been a loyal HP customer since I bought my first HP Pavillion computer for $1800 in 1995 with Windows 95, 16MB of RAM and a zip drive.

Next time I may have to shop around instead of coming to the HP website first.

Thanks again for the comment.

Scott

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.