Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I  recently bought a hp envy 23 recline I7 all in one PC.   The right side of the computer is getting very hot.  Right side top corner to below, nearly 20% of the screen.  The heat is very noticeable at the screen and not much at the back side.  I don't know whether this is a  normal behaviours or some malfunctioning.  Do any one aware of similar issue.  Please help me.

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi justinmanala,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your HP Envy 23 Recline is experiencing an overheating issue, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions about your computer:

• What is the Product and Model number?
  • Is your computer plugged in directly into a wall outlet or into a surge protector?
  • Is this a new occurance or has it always been a problem?
  • What applications do you have running before the computer begins to overheat?

In the meantime, please examine this document on Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating. This resource should help in identifying and amending future instances of overheating.

Please post back with the necessary information, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as @justinmanala

right side of screen is getting overheated. US support told me to contact local support for this issue, Bosnian HP support told me they are not able to resolve this

please advise

ps. I've tried the HP support tutorial on reducing overheating

HP Recommended

Hi salkovic,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you too have a desktop that is experiencing an overheating issue, and I would be happy to assist you! 

Since you have already followed the document above on when the computer overheats, I recommend using this resource on  Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 😎.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards  Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem right out of the box. I just turned the computer on for the first time today, installed Chrome brouser an noticed that right part of the screen is hot. It is so hot, I hardly can touch it. So there is no dust, no new programs, utilization is 2-7%. I cannot imagine what may happen if I install my Photoshop and Lightroom applications...

Computer is plugged into surge protector. Does it make any difference? My old HP TouchSmart was plugged in there before and I had no problem with it for 5 years.

HP Recommended

@MechPilot
I went thru all of the solutions you sent me, none of them worked

@Joan_D
yes, my computer has the same issues straight out of the box

HP Recommended

Hello again salkovic,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If you are still experiencing problems after following the two documents posted above, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

@Joan_D, have you tried following the documents listed in the posts above? Have any of these steps resolved the overheating issue with your desktop?

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi there.  I only bought my all in one HP Envy 23 Recline last week.  I have hardly used it yet 2 things are very noticeable - the monitor is noisy and more alarmingly the right side of the monitor is becoming increasingly warm.  Not really what I expected for a £1000 system, especially a touchscreen computer.  Can you offer any assistance? What can I do if it gets worse - I presume I am covered under my one year guarantee? It is so frustrating because the computer itself is great.  Grateful for any advice. 

HP Recommended

@MechPilot
the thing is I first contacted HP support in my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and they could not resolve the problem, saying they "are not authorised to repair/troubleshoot this type/model of computer"

HP Recommended

i have problem with my brand new HP Computer.

i have envy recline 27" with i7 with 16gb, with 1 tb hybrid drive received on June 3rd, 2014 (my HP order# H129773079)

called the HP support on June 9th, 2014 with three transfers.

updated the bios per tech support, nothing still hot. he wanted to service / send in and fix my brand new envy, he says it will take about 3 weeks to get it back...

i told him i want a RMA number to return, i reminded him about the HP 21day return policy.

he says he made case (3003981260) and some one will call me back tomorrow, asked for best time to call.

i told him 12pm Pacific time. waited HP to call from 11:45am ~ 12:30pm.

NO CALL, wasted my time.

VERY UNHAPPY WITH HP....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.