Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Still no answer. Called paid the $60 2/2 customer support from HP. Complete waste of time I had already done the steps they wanted to try got refunded my money. Want me to send it in and pay the $300 to get it fixed without telling me what's wrong. I think it's time for everyone to contact the Better Business Bureau and file complaints
HP Recommended

My Suggestions for you:

1) Get a new hard drive, meaning that you will lose everything on the other one, though the data will still be recoverable through some way(ask someone who is more knowedgable)

2) Get some expert to somehow get into your hard drive and downgrade to a version before Windows 10

--HURRAY WINDOWS 10!!!--

HP Recommended

I agree I would install a new HDD, and use the recovery disks, I bet that will do it. 

HP Recommended

So, I have about 15 HP computers for one of my clients and so far 4 of them have gone to this black screen bs.

The only fix I have found is replacing the Motherboard with something other than an HP motherboard.  Everything boots up just fine and the problem goes away.  The problem is absolutely with HP's bios.  The black screen is strictly due to HP's bios shutting down. 

This is getting ridiculous as I just received a call about another PC going black.  HP needs to put a lot more resources towards this.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Envy 23 All-In-One, and it is very frustrating.  I tried to post in this thread, but I am not able to do so as a separate thread, so I am posting a reply here.  (I did make a new question page/thread, so this is a duplicate.)  Please advise if you are able to find a reasonable fix for this problem. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Envy, and with the lack of support, I am unlikely to get another HP

HP Recommended

Dear Boyle,

I am not an IT expert. Your suggestion is that to change the motherboard completely or just for one boot and after re-using the old one?

Thank you.

Barna

HP Recommended

So. I paid the $300+ dollars to have my computer sent in to be repaired. I got a call on Tuesday that they no longer have the ability to fix as the parts are no longer available. So I paid $1300+ for a computer for 2 years. Officially feel defeated.

I agree that it's a motherboard issue. Can someone please help me identify all motherboards that work with this computer? The current one costs $250+ for refurbished.

HP Recommended

Replaced the hard drive, and that did NOTHING to fix the computer/solve the problem.  Seems like HP is just producing inferior products.  I agree with other commenters: I will thinktwice before considering buying another HP product.  (Dell is far worse, though, but HP is gaining on them at becoming the bottom of the list.)

HP Recommended

Put the hard drive into a different computer, and the hard drive is fine.  Thus, it was something else.  These HP products (and lack of adequate technical support) are frustrating!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.