Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i tried to print from coupons,com but it will not  i have used coupons.com before with my other printer and weorked fine i have coupons.com looking into it

just wondering if anyone else out there have the same problem

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, I did post the results of my tests after Christmas 2011. We can connect USB to other computer (no network connected) or same computer (with network connected).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the question was on my wireless printer  can i use the usb port and wireless both at hte same time because i don't think the coupon.com works with wireless printers

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same physical printer but when connecting to SAME computer using both USB and wireless it becomes two (logical) printers. Probably your default prnter is the wireless one, you have to select the right printer before print .

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

ok i guess i'm not wording this the right way  let me try again, i only have one printer.  i have it set for wireless. i want to know if i can put in my usb  cord and use it that way too.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Ok, probably my wording. Very simple: Yes.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Yes you can, the only connection that will cancel another out is ethernet, which will turn off the wireless radio. Usb and wireless, or usb and ethernet will work at the same time on the printer.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i connected my printer wirelessly to pc 2. pc 1 was always usb connection due to work and firewalls.  pc1 can no longer print.

HP Recommended

Please let me ask the question another way. I have a Macbook Pro that needs Airprint to print and scan.  I also need to do the same thing on a Windows PC. 

Right now, I am HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4530. It is connected wirelessly to my Mac. Also, my PC shows the printer, will issue the print command, but with no results. My incoming signal is from an ethernet connection from my telephone company to the PC via modem. The wireless router, supplied by the same company, is furnishing wireless connectivity over the whole house. The Mac is connected thru wireless. But the PC is not. 

So, if I connect the USB from the Ethernet - that means it will turn off the wireless in my printer? Or will it give me two seperate printers showing and I can choose one for my default for my PC and when using the Mac, I can turn the printers wireless back on and use it? 

Sorry for the length - but thanks in advance for any help!

HP Recommended
Basically you can use USB and wireless OR USB and wired Ethernet. Those are your options. If you connect the Ethernet cable the wireless is turned off automatically in the printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.