Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I used to be able to use the HP icon and go to the ink levels.  Now it asks me to register or add another printer or device.  This wasn't an issue until my one year warranty ran out last week.  Are the two related at all or....?   I have no problems printing wirelessly from the laptop, so that part is working fine.  

With many thanks, 

P. Minnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello pminnie,

I'm posting two items that should help with your question:

1. You can manually check the approximate ink levels from the printer itself:

On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow ( ) to select Ink Levels , and then press OK . The Ink Levels screen displays with gauges for all four ink colors.
Figure 1: Example of estimated ink levels

Image: Estimated ink levels on the control panel.

2.  You can run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your PC to fix any connection or software issues it finds with the printer.

I hope that helps, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply again Smiley Happy

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello pminnie,

I'm posting two items that should help with your question:

1. You can manually check the approximate ink levels from the printer itself:

On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow ( ) to select Ink Levels , and then press OK . The Ink Levels screen displays with gauges for all four ink colors.
Figure 1: Example of estimated ink levels

Image: Estimated ink levels on the control panel.

2.  You can run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your PC to fix any connection or software issues it finds with the printer.

I hope that helps, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply again Smiley Happy

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
HP Recommended

I recently had to install non HP cartridges. I now notice that the ink level indicator no longer shows the ink levels. Is there any way I can get my 3250 to show these ?

HP Recommended

If using non HP cartridges is there a way of checking levels ?

HP Recommended

The panel on my 3520 does not show an ink level readout???   I have tried every possible way to get an inl level reading, but have had no luck.  HELP   Sincerely,  Al Bachur  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.