Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am having exactly same problem as Trishkinna..... Any help would be appreciated @Shirlzz1 🙂
HP Recommended

@ Kelbei1275, Do you have the same printer as Trishkinna? If so, have you done the steps listed in the document  that I provided in message 2 of this thread and have you done the hard reset mention later in the thread?

If, not please do those steps or provide the name of your printer so that I can further assist. I like to have confirmation of what has occurred and which printer is causing the issue so that I can provide the best assistance possible. 🙂

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Hi Trish, just FYI you may want to have a read through some info on the quality & reliability of non HP/Refilled cartridges

Can I refill the ink in my HP ink cartridge?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00853819

Original HP cartridges - why they matter

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/inkjet/ink_f.html

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

can you share the solution with the rest of us?  I've got two HP cartridges, brand new cartridge worked once and now get error message on both.

HP Recommended
Shirlzz1. Yes same printer. Have done all the recimmendations.
I have come back to it from time to time.
Presently just settling for b&w printing.

This printer has been a bit of a waste if time and money I have to admit. Very disappointed.
HP Recommended

The reason so many refilled cartridges may "fail" is because HP makes it impossible to override the error message that non-HP cartriges cannot be guaranteed of quality or reliability. Most people probably just give up.

I know that if I can override the message the cartridge will work, there is nothing wrong with it, but I still have not found a way to override it.

I'm getting tired of HP and its ink monopoly.

HP Recommended
I gave up on the Envy and bought another HP printer-- giving an HP printer one last chance. The Envy refused to recognize an HP cartridge, and HP would not share how to override the error message! I would understand but not agree if I had been trying to use a refilled cartridge, but I was using a bonafide HP cartridge. Last chance, HP!
HP Recommended

I think that's what it's come to here also Trish107...only I'm not thinking HP...I've spent a fortune on new cartridges thinking another new one will fix it....

Absolutely ridiculous having a new printer that pretty much won't work...I've lost my receipts etc to return..

I've been buying HP for over 20 years now....but the Envy has pretty much put an end to that.

😞

HP Recommended
Ciara_B would love your thoughts on genuine products?
I have NEVER used a non HP ink cartridge....so then why does my printer believe it is???
More importantly how do I fix this?
And I have done everything HP has suggested...several times!!!
HP Recommended
Shirlzz1 are you able to forward this solution to me also...thankyou
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.