Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-03-2012 08:50 AM
Error message: Non-HP cartridge(s) installed. HP cannot guarantee quality. Or reliability on non-HP supplies.
Ihave HP ink cartridges, Envy 110 printer, 7 -- I frequently get erroneous error messages, but usually I am able to fiddle around with it, and eventually it will start printing again.
I have changed the cartridges, wiped the cartridges, unplugged and re-plugged all cables, turned the printer on and off for various lengths of time, but this error message remains. I am unable to go to the main menu --- just this message. How can I override this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-05-2012 10:28 AM
11-05-2012 06:38 PM
Thanks for your reply.
The cartridges are non-refilled HP cartridges.
I followed ALL of the troubleshooting steps specified in link, and I still receive the error message.
Isn't there a way to just override that error message? I really need to use the printer.
11-06-2012 07:18 AM - edited 11-06-2012 07:19 AM
@Trishkinna, You can try a hard reset. A hard reset attempts to clear error messages and restore the printer to a known working condition if possible. No user setting are lost with a hard reset.
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module
is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
11-09-2012 07:47 AM