Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new printer (Deskjet 3635) sends test pages without my control. 2 times in its second day.

What's more annoying is that, you need to put the test page, and press copy to complete the adjustment, which means another printed page.

This is nothing but wasting paper and ink for nothing.. Test pages may even be more than the real prints in this way.

Is there anyone who knows how to stop this?

Thanks.

Onur U.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OnurU, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you will keep the printer under observation for 24 hours and then let us know the results.

We will wait for your reply.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @OnurU,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you have a Deskjet 3635 that is printing a test page each time you turn it on. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening, but I will certainly do my best to assist you.

It sounds like the machine is printing an alignment page each time it's turned on. The printer will continue to print this page until you scan it to complete the alignment process. To complete the alignment process, you need to put the page that the printer prints out on the scanner glass (as shown in the image below) and press the Start Copy Black and the Start Copy Color buttons together and the printers scans the alignment page and completes the process.

This could be due to a bug either in the spooler or in the driver.

Let’s execute the first step of clearing the spooler Que and check if that helps.

recommend you follow the steps below and check if that solves the issue.

• Click Start.
  • Type Command.
  • Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator “.
  • Type net stop spooler then press “Enter “.
  • Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press “Enter “.
  • Type net start spooler then press “Enter “.
  • The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If you need any further assistance, please do let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Biswajeet,

Last night, before following your commands, I found another test page printed.

Important note: I'm not turning my printer off, it's always on. I have no idea when and why it decides to print that test page.

By the way,

I now completed the steps you've written.

Let's see what will happen in the following 24 hours. I'll surely come with the feedback, and accept the solution if it's solved.

Thanks.

Onur

HP Recommended

@OnurU, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you will keep the printer under observation for 24 hours and then let us know the results.

We will wait for your reply.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.