Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to use HP AIO Remote app with my  HP officejets 6700 Premium printer. I get a mesage that printer is offline. However, it is not. I tried turning my printer off and on and rebooting my computer . This did not work. I did notice that the 

the IP address shown for my HP officejets 6700 Premium printer on the app is not the same as the address for my printer. If this is the problem how can I correct it? In any case, please help. I use a Dell Laptop with Windpws 10

Wally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @wwwally, Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Going through your post, HP AIO remote app is primarily used in mobile devices and not in laptops.

I would suggest you download and use HP Scan and capture app to scan from your Win 10 laptop. You can go to http://hp.care/2bUVkrw to download and install HP Scan and capture app.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @wwwally, Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Going through your post, HP AIO remote app is primarily used in mobile devices and not in laptops.

I would suggest you download and use HP Scan and capture app to scan from your Win 10 laptop. You can go to http://hp.care/2bUVkrw to download and install HP Scan and capture app.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thnkds. Worked ine.

Wally

HP Recommended

Hello @wwwally,

Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I want to access supply status through the AiO app in Win10 on my laptop.  It says it cannot connect.  Your previous statement indicated that the AiO app is not for use on laptops.  Then why does it install?  EVERY time I use HP printers, the hardware is great and the software is horrible.  I never had these issues with my Xerox or Konica-Minolta printers.  Please hire their software groups and fire the current HP software group!

Seriously, how can I remotely monitor supplies settings for the printer if the AiO app will not work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.