Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
1050 All-in-One Printer - J410
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hello everybody,
I use 22xl ink cartridges.
I haven't used it for like a couple of months.
Now it doesnt print at all, though both cartridges indicate almost full (looks like ink dried or so).
I get no errors when printing.

So is there any way that I can restore cartridge condition?

Thanks,
salah
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi salah,

Not using the cartridges for several months will likely cause print quality issues and cloggs due the ink getting dry.

You may try performing a Cleaning Cycle and check if it may help:

1. Open the HP Deskjet 1050 software from your PC.
  2. Click on Estimated Ink Levels.
  3. Open the Device Services tab.
  4. Click on Clean Printheads and follow the steps on screen, be sure to complete level 2 as well and see if that may help.
    Note: if there is any partial improvement after one cycle it worth trying an additional cycle and check if that may help.

By mentiioning HP 22XL, is it the correct cartridge number you refer to? the Deskjet 1050A uses the HP 122 / 122XL ink cartridges, not 22 as you mention.

If you have the correct cartridges and you do not see any improvement, try replacing the ink cartridges with new one as no usage for such a long period may get the ink dried.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi salah,

Not using the cartridges for several months will likely cause print quality issues and cloggs due the ink getting dry.

You may try performing a Cleaning Cycle and check if it may help:

1. Open the HP Deskjet 1050 software from your PC.
  2. Click on Estimated Ink Levels.
  3. Open the Device Services tab.
  4. Click on Clean Printheads and follow the steps on screen, be sure to complete level 2 as well and see if that may help.
    Note: if there is any partial improvement after one cycle it worth trying an additional cycle and check if that may help.

By mentiioning HP 22XL, is it the correct cartridge number you refer to? the Deskjet 1050A uses the HP 122 / 122XL ink cartridges, not 22 as you mention.

If you have the correct cartridges and you do not see any improvement, try replacing the ink cartridges with new one as no usage for such a long period may get the ink dried.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi for your message.

I will have to buy new cartridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.