Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
inkjet 5740 e
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

I recently replaced my tricolour ink cartridge on my  P 5740 printer while attempting a first time photograpgh print [6x4] & have had nothing but headaches since.  

The cyan colour does not print although the ink levels indicate it is being used. I have cleaned the ink heads at level 3. I have replaced the ink cartridge & still have the same problem plus now the alignment is unsuccessful.

I am technology challenged to start with & this challenge is both frustrating & disappointing as I do not understand what I have done in correctly.

Any suggestions before I pack up the printer & return it to Staples?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @RC23

Since the printer is only a couple of months old I would suggest to HP Customer Support  and inquire about a replacement printer. Most likely it is an ink system issue since you have already tried another cartridge with the same results. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @RC23,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you aren't able to print magenta, after replacing the cartridge and running the cleanings you getting the error message 'Alignment Unsuccessful'.  I would be happy to help you.

Please try the steps listed in this document to see if it may help with this situation: 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays.

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons. Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information Gemini02.  I will try to resovle the alignment issue with your instructions & see if that fixes the cyan colour not printing as well.

As for the ink cartridges - yes, the are labelled as genuine HP products that I purchased when I bought the printer in April. And I have gone out to purchase a new one & still have the problem. 

I will let you know how things work out. I need to try this when I am in a 'calmer' state.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Completed the steps suggested. I no longer receive a message to preform alignment however the colour quality has deteriorated.

Any other suggestions before I return the printer?  I have only had it for two months or so & it is not over worked.

Thanks

HP Recommended

HI @RC23

Since the printer is only a couple of months old I would suggest to HP Customer Support  and inquire about a replacement printer. Most likely it is an ink system issue since you have already tried another cartridge with the same results. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.