Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How do I scroll down the screen to get to align my cartridges in the tools section. .The only instructions I see say to use the right and left arrows to do this, but I have no idea where the arrows are, and they are not shown in the instruction book where it shows the parts of the screen. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know where do you get that instructions. You can use printer screen OR software on your computer

To align printer from the printer display
1. From the Home screen, touch the Settings icon, and then touch Tools.
2. On the Tools menu, touch and drag your finger vertically to scroll through the options, and then touch Align Printer.
3. Follow the instruction on the screen.

To align printer from the printer software
▲ Do one of the following according to the operating system you are using.

On Windows:
   a. From the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, click HP.
   b. Click the HP Photosmart 6520 series folder, click HP Photosmart 6520 series.
   c. Under Print, double-click Maintain Your Printer.
   d. Under the Device Services tab, double-click Align Printheads.

On Mac:
▲ Open HP Utility, click Align, and then click Align again

Source: page 28 of the User Guide.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know where do you get that instructions. You can use printer screen OR software on your computer

To align printer from the printer display
1. From the Home screen, touch the Settings icon, and then touch Tools.
2. On the Tools menu, touch and drag your finger vertically to scroll through the options, and then touch Align Printer.
3. Follow the instruction on the screen.

To align printer from the printer software
▲ Do one of the following according to the operating system you are using.

On Windows:
   a. From the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, click HP.
   b. Click the HP Photosmart 6520 series folder, click HP Photosmart 6520 series.
   c. Under Print, double-click Maintain Your Printer.
   d. Under the Device Services tab, double-click Align Printheads.

On Mac:
▲ Open HP Utility, click Align, and then click Align again

Source: page 28 of the User Guide.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I wasn't using my finger correctly on the screen.. I was able to scroll down to align, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. My black ink is not printing at all. I have a new HP XL Black cartridge installed, and the ink levels show it is full. The print quality diagnosic show no black at all. The align printout only came out in blue, so I don't know if that means anything or that's what is suppossed to happen. Do you think my new cartridge could be defective?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.