Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Cool!... Thought I was an idiot ... Been trying to wireless "problem solve" since I bought it 13 months ago!... Calling now!
HP Recommended

I will add my printer to the long list of others having the exact same issue.  Just out of warranty and the wireless radio no longer works.  Same warnings about the USB connection with nothing connected to the printer.  The printer does work with the USB cable installed, but that is not how I wanted to use this printer.  I purchased it for the wireless feature.  It appears that HP is no longer the bullet proof printer is once was.  This will be the last HP device I will purchase. 

HP Recommended

Join the club. It seem that HP is all about the money. Their products are not worth it .

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  I turned off the Blue tooth and the "wireless radio not functioning" issue disappeared.

To turn off the Bluetooth, go into the setting menu and turn it off.

The wireless started to work again.

HP Recommended

It amazes me how no one goes back and reads the earlier post. The solutions are there,even where to buy new radio cards for under 20 bucks

HP Recommended

I read all of the solutions and tried them all.  They did not work for me.  As for the card it is now available for $90.  Almost cheaper to go and buy and new printer other than HP.

HP Recommended

Go to page 14 and pick up the new card where i got it from for 20 bucks then go to page 7 to see the pictures on how to install it. you will have no more problems

HP Recommended

Well after doing everything and about to give up I found the post that said turn off the bluetooth. Well guess what . I shut off the bluetooth and then shut off the printer. I turned it back on, ran the setup and the radio was back working. Very simple fix, amazing what all these people have gone thru. Thanks to everyone.

HP Recommended

this worked for me, thanks

HP Recommended

re: go to page 14 ... card for 20 dollars.

Are you referring to http://www.primelec.com and the 1150-7931 card?  A search at their site says "no results"?  When was the last time you knew that they had any (at any price)?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.