Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

go back a few pages and read some of the earlier post. some bought new wireles cards and someone posted a pics on how to change cards

HP Recommended
Here is a solution for everyone that will cost you about $60 bucks. From Amazon (best price I can find) purchase Diamond Multimedia 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless Range Extender (WR300N) this is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D5M136/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details it is a repeater with an ethernet rj45 connection. Configure the Diamond repeater,it only takes about 2 minutes plug it in by your printer connect the included cable to your printer. Configure the printer to be shared on your main pc and then add the printer to all of your wireless devices. Works like a charm.
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP. Their products are as bad as their service. Got the same problem with my c309a . Its a replacement they sent me less then 6 month ago. They are famous for installing defective parts. Had a laptop that went bad 13 months after purchase and of course they refused to take care of it. will never purchase another HP product

HP Recommended

Had to go back to the top of the thread to find this.  Arggh!

This worked just fine!

Thanks, C. C.

HP Recommended

Did you also have a problem faxing? 

Do you know if there is a fax card also?

My printer won't fax and wireless is down.  i iwill purchase the wireless card.  But wonder if I need the fax card too???

HP Recommended
I wouldn't spend the money on a new card . Save it because the whole printer will go soon after the wireless. Save the headache go with a different printer
HP Recommended

check coldcanuck's response of 07-10-2010.

I followed it EXACTLY, and it worked for me.  Wireless is back up.  Had to manuall redo settings, but it is working.  Three days now.

HP Recommended

I don't know if this has been already mentioned before, as I haven't gone through the 18 pages of responses.

I've just had the same wireless issue with the c309a, and surfing the web seaching for a replacement wifi card, I've found that the one selling by HP is the 'Lite-On WN4300A'. That's the model behind the P/N 1150-7931.

It's just another option to look for a replacement, but I cannot tell if it will work as I have not bought it yet.

Hope it helps. If I buy it and install it, I'll report back with the results.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

My wireless card failed during warranty and also failed on the replacement (stripped down) printer. Both failures occurred after about 8 months. I replaced the wireless card (found a new one for $40) and wireless has been working again for the last couple of months (but I don't expect it to last a whole year).

Summary - the Wireless Network Test Report said "The Wireless Radio Is Not Functioning" and I also got error reports related to USB (but, like others, I didn't have anything plugged into the USB port). For both wireless failures, I spent 1-2 hours chatting with HP Support before they agreed that the printer was defective (even though the replacement printer only lasted 8 months, they wouldn't replace it again).

Replacing the card - if you can find a 1150-7931 wireless card cheap then replace (since very easy to do so) the old one.  I did it based on info that others have posted. Photos of screws, side cover, and the wireless board are available (by ashechief on 01-22-2011). The wireless card is located on the left side of the printer. Remove the left cover to get to it as follows: first unplug everything from the back of the printer, remove the (T10 torx) screw by the plugs and the identical second one, which is under the "cover that you lift to replace the cartridges" (see photo).  The left cover swings down (you need to gently lift up a couple of tabs at the top). The wireless card (about 1.5 inches square) is located in the upper right corner (see photo) and is held in by 1 screw.  Remove the screw and unplug the card.  The HP P/N is 1150-7931.

Note: http://www.impactcomputers.com/1150-7931.html had card for $40 - now $90!

HP Recommended

I had the same error with wireless radio.  Reset from front panel to factory default.  Ran HP Solution Center networking diagnostics, then when it came to connecting via USB cable, re-uploaded my network account settings and I'm back in business.  Thankfully I didn't have to replace the wireless card, but after reading through 18 pages on this problem I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before it fails.  Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.