Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 4630
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I just bought an officejet 4630. I am using Mac OS 10.10.3. It will print black and white, but will not print color. When I cleaned the print heads, the test printed colors but then I printed a doc, and it didn't print the colors. Is this the same problem that someone else was having with Maverick?

Fred J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi 

Please try the steps below

Step 1: Reset the printing system.

Note: If you have any other printers connected, you need to add them manually by clicking on the ‘+’ sign located on the bottom left of the print & fax window.
To use the Reset Printing System feature, follow these steps:
1) Click on Apple menu on the desktop.
2) Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
3) Choose Printers & Scanners from the View menu.
4) Control-click or right click on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu. (Contextual menu is the menu that contains the list of the printers in the print and fax window).
5) Click OK to confirm the reset.
6) Type the correct Name and Password.
7) Click OK to reset the printing system.

Note: If you don't see a list of printers, Control-click on the text "Click + to add a printer or fax" and select "Reset printing system..." As an alternative, if you currently have one or more printers listed, you can Option-click the "-" (Remove printer) button.

Step 2: Add a Printer
1. Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
2. Click Printers & Scanners to open the printer’s folder.
3. Click the plus sign (+).
4. Select the product and from the print using option, from the drop down menu select the printer and not Airprinter, and then click the Add button.
5. Follow onscreen instructions if any.
6. After a few seconds, the product displays in the Printers list.

Though I am an HP employee, these posts are according to my knowledge and HP is not responsible for it.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

I´m an HP employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi 

Please try the steps below

Step 1: Reset the printing system.

Note: If you have any other printers connected, you need to add them manually by clicking on the ‘+’ sign located on the bottom left of the print & fax window.
To use the Reset Printing System feature, follow these steps:
1) Click on Apple menu on the desktop.
2) Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
3) Choose Printers & Scanners from the View menu.
4) Control-click or right click on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu. (Contextual menu is the menu that contains the list of the printers in the print and fax window).
5) Click OK to confirm the reset.
6) Type the correct Name and Password.
7) Click OK to reset the printing system.

Note: If you don't see a list of printers, Control-click on the text "Click + to add a printer or fax" and select "Reset printing system..." As an alternative, if you currently have one or more printers listed, you can Option-click the "-" (Remove printer) button.

Step 2: Add a Printer
1. Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
2. Click Printers & Scanners to open the printer’s folder.
3. Click the plus sign (+).
4. Select the product and from the print using option, from the drop down menu select the printer and not Airprinter, and then click the Add button.
5. Follow onscreen instructions if any.
6. After a few seconds, the product displays in the Printers list.

Though I am an HP employee, these posts are according to my knowledge and HP is not responsible for it.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

Same experience on just purchased HP OfficeJet 4650. Cleaned heads and cartridges, no luck. Print dialog box shows doc in color but prints grayscale anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.