Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning, 

Our site has two Polycom X30 video conferencing cameras. One of them when connected to the laptop, no longer projects on the TV screen what's showing on the laptop when connected the normal way. The correct connection used to be with an HDMI cable running into the web conferencing camera input and then another HDMI cable coming out of the output of the web conferencing camera into the tv. The only way I can get it to project what's on the laptop to the TV is to bypass the web conferencing camera input and hook it up directly to the TV. It then allows you to see what's on the laptop screen on the TV and the camera works fine as well. The issue with that is I lose the Polycom splash screen on TV start up. It no longer shows that splash screen with the directions and date and time on the screen. The camera operation is fine. What could the issue be? We have a second one of these in the room right next door and we are not having this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @spbanzaca88 ,

Welcome to the HP community.

Unfortunately, your post does not contain the currently used Software version for the HP Poly product, the HP Poly Software, or the Partner or Provider application version you are using.

This is important especially in the future when someone finds this post in days, months, or years to come. Please do not simply edit the original post but reply with the versions.

Is this just using a normal lenght HDMI cable or any other connector or extension?

If an issue like this cannot be resolved via a public community post, please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.