Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Purchased new Linksys WRT1900AC wireless router.  Followed wireless setup steps and successfully connected as verified by "Wireless Network Test Results".  However, I'm still unable to print/scan/fax.  Receive message that the printer is unable to connect to the server.

Verified the following:

Solid Blue light next to "Wireless" sybmbol on printer.

FROM SETUP SCREEN ON PRINTER (After Wireless Setup Wizzard):

IP Address: 192.168.0.199

Network name:  Golfer

Hostname: HPEB4DD8

MAC: 444:1e:a1:e9:40:d7

Wireless Direct: Off

FROM HP PRINT and SCAN DOCTOR:

SSID is correct

Signal strength is "Excellent" @ 95

Security Enabled = Yes

Security Type = WPA2

Connected = No

Frequency Band = 2.4 Ghz

No issues with previously connected D-Link DIR-655 wireless router.

Seems odd that everything "passesses" per the WIreless Network Test Results.  Yet, still unable to connect.

Looking for any help.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FInally a resolution...

I tried executing an ePrint from ny phone and it worked, but still no luck printing wirelessly from the PC. 

That told me that the wireless connection was indeed working.  So, I did a search for new firmware and found that there was one from April of this year (2016).  Downloaded and took a chance on installing it.  To my amazement, it actually installed on the printer without any "wired" connection.  That told me that there was some wireless connection existing. 

Once the firmware install completed, I tried printing an Excel spreadsheet from the PC, and it actually printed!  I have to assume there was something in the formware upgrade that allowed the LinkSys router (WRT1900AC) to fully communicate and function with the PC.  The router was released in 2014, so maybe that was it.

In any event, everything is up and fully functioning again.

Man y thanks to everyone who shared their inputs.  I hope this might help someone with a similar issue in the future.

Thanks again!

Mark

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I found a link on the Support pages for your printer that entails several strategies to solve this problem:

Printer not found during network setup.

It covers everything from simply rebooting each device (router, printer, computer), to deleting the printer and reinstalling the software on the computer.

Have you looked at your control panel/Devices & Printers and see if your default printer has the correct IP address?  Has the default printer changed to something else?

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and link.  Unfortunately, ahve reviewed and no luck...

• Router, printer, and PC have all been turned off and restarted,
  • Wireless icon on printer is showing a steady blue light.
  • Confirmed router band is indeed 2.4Ghz.
  • Went through Wiress Connection Setup Wizzard on printer.  Used both setup methods; pressing WPS button on router, and manually keying in Network Password).  Both resulting in "Connection Successful" message.
  • HP Network Configuration Page output:

Network Status = Rready

Active Connection Type = Wireless

URL(s) for Embedded Web Server = http://HPEB4DD8

http://192.168.0.199

Firmware Revision = CLP1CN1516AR

Hostname = HPEB4DD8

Serial Number = CN19T1K12F05KD

802.11 Wireless

MAC = 44:1e:a1:e9:40:d7

Status = Connected

Communication Mode = Infrastructure

Network Name (SSID) = Golfer

Access Point HW Address = 14:91:82:26:5f:46

Signal Quality (1-5_ + 5

Channel = 6

Authentication Type = WPA-PSK

Encryption = Automatic (AES or TKIP)

• From Control Panel, I can see that the printer does appear, and is selected as the default.  However, "Properties" indicate it is "Unavailable".
  • Not using VPN.
  • HP Scan Doctor found the printer and confirmed the same IP address as above (192.168.0.199).
  • However, after selecting "Next" Scan Doctor could not establish communication with the printer.
  • Once again, as directed by Scan Doctor, sequentially cycled router, and printer "On and off", without success.
  • Via "Network" tab in Scan Doctor, reviewed Firewall info.  Only one firewall is enabled; McAfee Personal Firewall.  This was enabled with previous D-Link routher and presented no issues.  It needs to be enabled.

I've tried everything I could think of, found, or have been directed to do.  Running out of options to print wirelessly.

Looking for anything.

Mark

HP Recommended

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software on the PC?

If it were mine, I'd simply delete it in the Control Panel, then add it back and see if it connects.  If still no joy, do a full uninstall/reinstall of the software.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Have tried uninstalling/installing printer, without any success.  Problem still exists.

Have now disabled ALL firewalls.  Still no luck.

Have tried doing the Wireless Setup Wizzard using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on thge router (Printer does not have one), and supplying PIN.  Neither methos works to allow printing.

One additional item of note... All setup methods do seem to work.  At least they allow the printer to display the message that the setup completed successfully.  The blue light remains solid beside the wireless icon on the printer.  The hostname is even displayed.

However... printing fails, and after a few minutes if I select the wireless button on printer, the hostname in no longer there.  It's as if it disapears or is removed for some reason.

Still seeking input.

Mark

HP Recommended

Did you ever set up an ePrint account for this printer?

Can you email files to it to print?

How about an ethernet cable connection directly to your router.  Can you print then?

I'm assuming you do not have a USB cable connected to it to the PC, correct?

(Sorry, kind of grasping at straws now...)   😞

WyreNut

HP Recommended

Something else to consider (from HP Rep Aardvark1):

"One thing I found quirky about the 8600 series is that if the date and time are not correct, the printer will not connect to Web Services. Its a relatively simple thing, but it could be whats causing the issue.

If the date and time are correct, have you tried setting an manual DNS in the printer? I have had the most luck with the Google DNS Address.

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4

WyreNut

HP Recommended

FInally a resolution...

I tried executing an ePrint from ny phone and it worked, but still no luck printing wirelessly from the PC. 

That told me that the wireless connection was indeed working.  So, I did a search for new firmware and found that there was one from April of this year (2016).  Downloaded and took a chance on installing it.  To my amazement, it actually installed on the printer without any "wired" connection.  That told me that there was some wireless connection existing. 

Once the firmware install completed, I tried printing an Excel spreadsheet from the PC, and it actually printed!  I have to assume there was something in the formware upgrade that allowed the LinkSys router (WRT1900AC) to fully communicate and function with the PC.  The router was released in 2014, so maybe that was it.

In any event, everything is up and fully functioning again.

Man y thanks to everyone who shared their inputs.  I hope this might help someone with a similar issue in the future.

Thanks again!

Mark

HP Recommended

Wireless(802.11)problem is solved. 

HP Officejet Pro 8600  "Blue Light not lit" on wireless icon and caused wireless connection problem. I spent over 24 hours

to solve this problem, working on both my HP printer and Sectrum WiFi/Router.  Finally I accessed to "HP Printer Furum" and

found 'Markiemeyer'  mentioned on his post about 'Firmwared.'  Then I went into HP web site, downloaded firmware

and installed.  With firmware updated, the blue ligh is 'on' ritht away and the wireless connection problem between my

HP printer with the WiFi/Rounter is solved.  Thanks Mark, you are great guy.

OldTech

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.