Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Shane71

The plugin is not like a normal app, to open it you need to open your file using another app first like Explorer or 7Zipper, and then 'Share' it, like e.g. if you intend to send the file to a Whatsapp recipient, you will want to  share the file with Whatsapp app. The plugin will appear in one of the choices for you to share the file with.

Let me know if the color settings menu can appear when you are in the plugin.

Please click on "Accept as solution" if my comment has helped solve your problem.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended
Well I found it but unfortunately it as well only says black and white when I clicked on it , I wish I could screen shot the page that says only black and white preference available in the settings of the phone, I almost feel like it has something to do with the wireless receipt of info of the printer to the phone because the printer is def a color capable printer , it also says 2 sided not available as well and they actually is not available as far as I know for this model printer
HP Recommended

Hi @Shane71

I came across a similar post as yours on 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobile-Printing-and-Cloud-Printing/My-phone-won-t-print-in...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Please click on "Accept as solution" if my comment has helped solve your problem.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended
Shane71,

Have you had any luck with printing color yet? I have the same issue with my HP 4500 and using either my Note 4 or Ellipsis 10. Neither will print color or give me the option to do so. I'm beginning to think it's either the app itself or one of the many system updates that were downloaded. If you found a solution, would you mind helping me out? Thanks
HP Recommended
I am supposed to be working with an actual HP employee but haven't heard from them yet, I agree that it's most likely an update because my previous phone printed in color just fine , I've never used another device to print with since my iPad isn't compatible with this printer, I will share definitely if I get a resolution, please do the same if you do as well, thanks
HP Recommended

@Shane71 wrote:
I am supposed to be working with an actual HP employee but haven't heard from them yet, I agree that it's most likely an update because my previous phone printed in color just fine , I've never used another device to print with since my iPad isn't compatible with this printer, I will share definitely if I get a resolution, please do the same if you do as well, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.