Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I need to find a printer claim code. But in order to do that I need a web services information sheet. Anyone have suggestions as to how to do these two things? Thanks very much...M.
23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi there, the web services information sheet should print out automatically when you enable web services from the printer display panel. It will contain the printers unique ePrint code that is its email address (when appended with @hpeprint.com).

If you let me know your printer model I can give you instructions on how to enable web services.

Best 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. My printer model is HP 3512. I appreciate your help...M.
HP Recommended

Hi, press the ePrint button just under the display panel (to the right of the wireless button). Accept the Terms of Use, and then follow the onscreen instructions to enable Web Services. Print the ePrint information page, and then follow the instructions on the page to sign up for an ePrint account.

Once you have completed these steps you can retrieve the email address for the printer at any time by pressing the ePrint button on the control panel and then selecting Display Email Address from within the Web Services Settings menu.

All of the above assumes you have setup the printer wirelessly and it is connected to an active network providing internet access to the printer.

Hope this information helps but post back if you're still not able to get your printer's ePrint code.

Best 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
Hi...I'm still here. I pressed the ePrint button and the following appeared: the printer could not connect to the internet. Check the internet connection. I don't understand because I am able to print from the printer from the internet. Any guesses as to what is going on? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks again...M.
HP Recommended
I am very sorry to bother you with this problem, but I don't know where to turn. If you have any suggestions, I would be glad to gear them. Thank you very much.
HP Recommended

Hi there, print a network configuration page as follows:

• On the printer control panel press the Wireless button ( ), and then press the button ( ) next to Settings 
  • Press the Down Arrow ( ) to select Print Report , and then press OK .
  • Press the Down Arrow ( ) to select Configuration Page , and then press OK . The printer prints a test page.

Open a new web browser window or tab. In the address bar, type the printer IP address given on the test page, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  • Click the Network tab.
  • Click Networking , and then click Network Address (IP) .
  • Click Manual IP , and then click Suggest a Manual IP Address .
Make a note of the new IP address, you can just write it in on the network configuration page. After the manual IP address populates, click Manual DNS Server  and enter the following values 

Manual_DNS_Google_settings.JPG

Click Exit or close the browser to exit the EWS. Update the IP address in the printer software as follows:
  1. Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your printer, and then click Update IP address .
  2. Type the new IP address that you noted earlier , and then click Save .

These steps should help your printer to maintain connection with he HP Web Services (ePrint). Post back if you're having problems with any of the steps above or if after trying these solutions you still cannot connect to ePrint.

Best

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
You are getting sick of me I am sure. I don't normally have this many problems. Hopefully, I can wrap this up soon. ....the problem now us that when I click on networking, I am asked for a username and password. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are. What do I do now? Thanks again....M.
HP Recommended

Hi there, no problem at all. I just hope I'm not making things more confusing for you :smileyindifferent: I'm not sure why you're being asked for a username and password when you click on the Networking tab within the printers embedded web server page. Is there any chance you could take a screenshot of what this looks like on your computer and post it here?

Best

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Boy I must be the dumbest person on the forum. I don't see any way to attach a screenshot to this message. I would send an email, but I don't know your address. Maybe I should throw I. The proverbial towel. Just say the word, and I will bow out gracefully. Thanks...M.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.