Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I will definitely not be putting up with it, that's for sure. As it stands I don't even want to use it as it's really starting to irritate me.

I paid for a working laptop, and in my opinion a laptop of this age that is beeping like this has some sort of hardware failure.

I will see what HP offer, if it's unsuccessful I will be returning it to PC World for an exchange or refund.
HP Recommended
So after two long hours on chat with support, a courier will be coming to collect the laptop next week (only day I was free to wait in)

I've been promised that my laptop will be repaired and will be returned in "perfect" working order.

I've decided to burn a dvd with the sound files on and include this in the package with the laptop when they collect it.
HP Recommended

No, HP was just wildy guessing about the Harddrive - I did the test that support recommended which took 7 hours...came back with NO errors.

Ive read on various forums that people with the same issue have take their laptop for repair only to get it back with the same beep ....then got a new computer.....with the SAME ISSUE !!

Clearly some faulty part or a dodgy batch of something - some tiny battery ????

HP seem uninterested in solving the problem - their loss when we all buy Mac or Toshiba in the future.

HP Recommended

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you - all very inconvienient, and annoying !

Let us know how you got on !!!!!

HP Recommended
I agree and also don't hold out too much hope.

If HP can't fix the issue I will then be forced to deal with pc world. I have the knowhow care plan with them also, so hopefully this will be resolved one way or another.

I will post an update here as to the outcome. I too will ovoid buying another HP laptop in the future depending on the outcome of how this is handled.
HP Recommended

Has anyone had any actual confirmation from HP confirming what the issue is and why our laptops are beeping?

I started posting on this post on the 20-01-2016 and have had numerous conversations with HP, spending hours of my time running tests. My laptop even got taken by HP for testing and all they did is replace the whole motherboard and said the problem had been rectified. Guess what? I still get those **bleep** annoying beeps!  I'm not a happy customer.

I have had problems with this laptop since I purchased it.

HP Recommended
Im not sure HP know what it is, or more than likely even care to know what it is. It's a sad situation as i really like the laptop, but the beeping has started to irritate me so much that I don't even want to use the thing anymore. Even after sending the CS representative the sound files, he said that the beeping was normal hard drive sounds. I asked him to explain under what circumstances a hard drive should be beeping under normal use.

If the bios wasn't so locked down, we could just turn off the internal/motherboard speaker and that would solve the problem for most. A step that shouldn't need to be done, but at least a fix. As like I said earlier the laptop runs fine performance wise.

I think your only option is to keep sending it back until they offer you an alternative product or a refund. I'm not sure how we stand on that though. The beeping is definitely a fault and the laptop wasn't designed to do this, so therefore your laptop is faulty.
HP Recommended
Depending on where you live the consumer rights act may apply. Although it would seem the retailer you bought the laptop from would be responsible for this and not HP.

"Failed repairs After one failed attempt by the retailer to repair or replace a faulty item, you're entitled to ask for a refund or price reduction.
A second repair or replacement If you don't want a refund or price reduction, you have the right to request another repair or replacement at no cost to you."
HP Recommended

No, no confirmation - HP clearly have NO IDEA what is causing it - the most plausble explaination Ive heard ( not from HP I might add ) is that it could be battery related - whether the big main battery, or some smaller battery inside the computer - apparently there are some small batteries inside that do something or other ? If a dodgy batch went into OUR batch of laptops that would make sense....its got to be the same element thats faulty in ALL these beeping computers ??

HP Recommended

SO SPARKLES 1 from HP SUPPORT - have you had time to listen to the beeping recording that Nathdogg has very kindly posted ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.