Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello @DarrenC1987,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I understand that you are having an issue with the notebook beeping, and the display driver crashing, and wanted to assist you!

First, try reviewing the following document: 

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If you are still having trouble, then try recovering the BIOS, and let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Good Day

I have had the beeping issue on my HP Pavilion DV6 for some time. I have been following this forum in hope of a resolution with no luck however. Then i recently changed my battery and charger as the original charger stopped the orignal battery from charging correctly.

Since the change i have not noticed a single beep. I will update if the beeps return and also monitor if this does not solve your problem.

Kind Regards

Cypro 

HP Recommended

I too have this problem - BRAND NEW machine - beeping randomly, every 10 mins - 30 mins...finally got thru to " support chat " who said it might be hardrive issue.....not happy -   Its clearly a common fault looking at this forum..........doesnt bode well..

HP Recommended

Hey i've got an HP pavillion gamer laptop. I got it in the 2nd month of this year. It also has a beep to it....i've spoken with my father and he believes its the hard drive, hp tbh has been useless, my question for you; is your beep a quiet beep that if there was abit of noise you would have trouble hearings or is it a loud and noticeable beep?

I've got to admit i'm not impressed with this laptop at all, not only does it beep(annoying as anything) its screen sometimes randomly shuts of, not happy considering in my country the price of this laptop is $2500 NOT A CHEAP LAPTOP

HP Recommended
I'm having a beeping issue with my HP 15-ab289sa.

The beeping is coming from the motherboard speaker as it still makes the sound if I mute the laptop speakers.

The laptop seems to work fine with no other issues. No over heating, no crashing etc, but the beeping is driving me crazy, it's so annoying. Last night it beeped 5 times in the hour. I managed to record the beeping and have uploaded it to one drive. I will include the links at the bottom of this post if it allows me.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6C965E9152EF635B!2464&authkey=!AKo9lQgoAc890pc&ithint=file%2cm...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6C965E9152EF635B!2465&authkey=!AKOR2upTEuJ0qVQ&ithint=file%2cm...

HP Recommended

YES - this is EXACTLY what mine is doing, since NEW !!!

I reported it to HP to no avail......

It has been reported by lots of other people - HP seem uninterested in sorting it out. There is CLEARLY an issue or fault - there should be a recall.

Thanks for managing to record it - its so random it must have been quite tricky !!!

HP Recommended

No - its been reported by LOTS of people !!!

I too wasted hours doing TESTS which all came back fine...

My husbands IT dept wondered if it was a tiny battery ( for time keeping possibly ) in the computer that had run out of juice - making that Replace me noise  - If there was a DODGY  batch of little batteries installed in our HP computers that might explain it ??

HP Recommended

I'm going to put up with it for now - kinda got used to it.....but will NOT be buying HP again !!!!

HP Recommended

Yes VERY COMMON FAULT - should be a recall !!!

HP Recommended
It wasn't too difficult actually. I just left the laptop on and put my phone on the keyboard with voice recorder running. I knew I wouldn't have to wait to long until it started beeping. Like you said though, it so intermittent and seems unrelated to anything. Apart from that the laptop is running perfectly.

I'm going to contact HP support today, but one thing I know is that I'm not keeping this thing as long as it continues to beep. It's driving me crazy. I have 6months remaining on my warranty, so I will be pursuing this until i recieve a fix or a laptop without this issue.

You say HP said it may be a hard drive issue with your machine. Did they take it in for service and change the hard drive?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.