Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
No problem.

Yes the laptop is working perfectly now. I'm not sure about you, but when I worked out it was the hard drive it didn't fill me with confidence using it in the system anymore. This combined with the annoyance of the beeping sped up my decision to swap it out.

I'm not sure exactly what HP will do but I can't see them offering everyone an alternative hard drive. My advise at this stage would he to save yourself the hassle and just change it yourself. Just be sure to create yourself the recovery media so that you can reinstall windows onto the new drive.

I'm £70 out of pocket and a few hours wasted, but I can now enjoy using my laptop without it beeping at me all day.
HP Recommended

70 QUID  and we have to fix it ourselves.....and STILL NO COMMENT from HP...This is my first and LAST computer from HP ....

Thanks for all the updates Nathdogg ! Fingers crossed for your new hardrive 🙂

HP Recommended
Unfortunately it seems that way if you want your system to operate how you would expect it to. The only positive is we at least know what the issue is now.

I'm pretty sure HP would say that the beeping is within acceptable operating/working parameters though.
HP Recommended
Thought I'd give another update seeing as it's been around 10 days now and I've been able to test the laptop over a longer period of time.

I can happily say I haven't heard a single beep and the laptop has been a pleasure to use.

So anyone that is facing this problem, I can say with complete confidence that it is the hard drive that is making the sound and swapping this for a different make will fix this.

Good luck people.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your updates Nathdogg.

Now it has been established that it's the HDD, I might even try my luck with HP because I don't want to swap my 2TB HDD for a 500GB (all I have) one and I really don't want to buy a new one. Haha

I'll let you all know if I have any luck with HP! :indifferent:

HP Recommended
It's certainly worth a try and if you don't ask you don't get!

Yes, please update us on how you get on.

Good luck.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.