Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

UNbelievable....well actually what I expected !  So basically they didnt really listen to the beep/problem..just followed standard procedure...and then didnt check if it had been resolved....returned to you " fixed " but still beeping.....very very shoddy on HP'S behalf !!!!!!

HP Recommended
Well to be honest I do think it's the hard drive, so they did the right thing to change it. The real problem seems to be that they obviously replaced it with the same model and that model seems to have issues with this setup for some reason.

They listened to the audio files I sent as I put the disk in a sealed envelope which was returned to me open.

The bottom line is they could swap the drive as many times as they want, but as long as they keep swapping it with the same drive this problem isn't going to go away.

This is of course just my opinion and can't be proven until I get round to swapping the drive myself.
HP Recommended
Also I should add that HP outsource the work to Flextronics, not that this should make any difference. I imagine that they have certain instructions to follow from HP though, including using the original specified components.
HP Recommended

So they've done their best... computer is still not fixed...just like others who have gone thru this whole procedure....then what? Does it get sent back to HP again....and it goes on and on until they offer  another laptop...with the same beeping parts....this is bonkers !!

HP Recommended

....and where is ol Sparkles1....our HP support assistant has been VERY QUIET about all this ???

HP Recommended
Yes it's very frustrating to be honest. Personally I'm not going to bother sending it back, as they will only swap the hard drive again and if they did exchange it, the new laptop would still contain that same drive.

Thankfully it really doesn't bother me to take it apart and put a new hard drive in myself. I know I shouldn't have to do this but I think I will have better results this way then sending it back and forth.
HP Recommended

***Update***

Well i'm now typing this on my beep/chirp free laptop 🙂

I bit the bullet and decided to change the Hard drive myself to a different brand. I have been using it for an extended period of time and not a single beep to be heard.

I had to replace the 2TB drive with a 1TB drive as i couldn't find any other 9.5mm 2TB drives. This was a small price to pay to have a silent laptop. I will now use the 2TB Seagate/Samsung drive as an external drive and offload any large files to that.

I know this may not be the best solution, but if you have the cash and are competent enough to change the hard drive I would certainly recommend it. I really can't see HP offering an alternative hard drive, so this was the only solution I could come up with.

If anyone does do this and needs help or info on what drive to use, feel free to message me. I will be more then happy to assist .

HP Recommended
Also if you decide not to change the drive I would certainly recommend backing up any important data, as all the information I have gathered through my research points to samsung/seagate drives having quite a high fail rate. Also many have advised to get the thing as far away from your system as possible as a drive that makes those sort of sounds isn't something you want to trust with important data.

I have provided a link with a discussion about the beeping hard drive if anyone is interested - https://m.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/2kfx9r/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

I've also tagged @Sparkles1 to try and get his and HPs attention.

The bottom line is. It was 100% the hard drive that was causing the beeping, and changing the drive to a different brand/model has FIXED the issue. So now HP know what the problem is, what are they going to do about it?
HP Recommended
It doesn't seem as though the tag has worked, possibly as I'm on the mobile forums.

If anyway could please tag a HP staff member into this conversation it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
HP Recommended

@Nathdogg wrote:
It doesn't seem as though the tag has worked, possibly as I'm on the mobile forums.

If anyway could please tag a HP staff member into this conversation it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Nathdogg, thank you for update.

At least we know what was wrong on this...  why HP can't tell us about this... there so many people complaning with this issue and at the end is nothting to do with laptop itself! (which i think is a good thing in my case!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.